Week 8 on 20mg. Still not back

Posted , 5 users are following.

So I just started week 8 on 20mg.  It's a slow journey and I do think I have seen some improvement.  Emotionally I'm fine, but physically I'm still hanging on to some of the physical symptoms of depression,  I no longer think these are medicine side effects, but the physical manifestations of the desease.  However, I'm not ready to up the dose and go back to square one with side effects.  I'm counting on it being the 8-12 week turnaround as most have said.  But, having said that, I can't seem to shake this heavy head, light headache, slight weekness in legs.  I"m in that middle ground where I can still function and paticipate in things, but I'm not all in - it's a weird feeling.   And, it's still hard to get up in the mornings, although I push myself to do so.  Anybody hit this stage at week 8 or abouts and make it through to 100%?  Hanging on to hope, but it can be very exhausting emotionally and physically.  And encouragement from those who've been there would be appreciated!

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi RonVis,

I am pretty new to this forum. Felt quite resistant to starting Ad's but glad I did .no more anxiety and negative thoughts. I am beginning week 9 Prozac 20mg for depression and anxiety. Emotionally, I do not have anxiety and rarely depression thoughts. I find I am very sleepy in the mornings and often fall back asleep as my eyes just close on me. I very rarely feel dizzy but to be honest I dont think I drink enough water. Sometimes in the weekend on my days off work I fall asleep in the afternoon for 30  to 60 mins. I am hanging in there as well, I do not want to up my dose as I feel like i would be too sleepy to function especially in the job I do. All the best. I am here to talk if you need to. It helps that we are not alone. 

• Posted

Thanks, Lisa. It can get discouraging when you have a couple good days and then it hits again, the side effects and physical symptoms of depression are still hanging around. Heavy head and dizziness. So ready to be clear of this but it just won't go away at 9 weeks. Definitely better and emotionally I'm pretty good. Thanks for reaching out.

• Posted

Your welcome. My partner and I are going through some issues at the moment and to be honest today I feel low in mood. I like you said it is hard when you have a bad day. Unfortunately i dont get head heaviness symptoms but i sometimes got fogginess in my thoughts.

Lis

• Posted

I'm glad you don't have head heaviness! Don't despair, your going to have some low mood days even if you were 100%. It's just life. Sounds like your almost there, keep it up!

• Posted

I am curious how are you now? I am

On week 4 and feeling how you did.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.