week 9 for daughter- time flies!!

Posted , 4 users are following.

a good week, no downs, no tears, she seems and sounds her happy self, iv heard her singing, and we have been shopping and not once did she panic in a shop.

she isnt sleeping, still gets the night sweats, but that was it this week, today she is back at work, fingers crossed i wont get panic emails/texts, and she copes well.

so all round a good week for her, when i think back to the fear i think we both had when she first went on these pills, fear they wouldnt work, and i had the knowledge of side effects to some point, luckily daughter didnt. she said the other day, after having her tummy virus for weeks, and not functioning at all, then getting depression, if the flu tablets hadnt worked she thinks she would have seriously harmed herself, as she couldnt cope with the pains in her tummy, and the depression,

im home today, so if there are any issues, im here, but im so pleased week 8, and into week 9 were trouble free. today, we are smiling. xx

1 like, 23 replies

23 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Sending hugs and love to you and Katecogs I hope things get easier our children are so precious lots of love Tina x
    • Posted

Thank you Tina.  Indeed, our precious children.

Hugs to you too lovely lady xxx

• Posted

Just to know someone knows and cares how we feel makes the world a better place ♥x
    • Posted

I've always said this illness has made me a better and more caring person. :-)
    • Posted

its made me more on edge, if that the right word, broke my heart watching my daughter suffer, and not being able to fix it, only thing i could give were words, and cuddles, and tissues for the tears. i feared what the next 24 hours would bring, it was made worse by the fact she had been poorly for weeks with her tummy virus. one thing it did do was made me realise how teenagers are affected by depression, and my heart goes out to those suffering who have no help, or support.
    • Posted

That's true for me too actually - suffering from depression in the past made me a more understanding and caring person, but like you, watching my son go through it made me edgy.  I knew what was coming, having experienced it myself, and that's why I started back on my medication again as I needed to be well for him.

Yes it does break your heart doesn't it, wanting to take it away from them, but just having to stand by feeling helpless.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.