Week 9 on Citalopram 10 mg

Posted , 2 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity. Start a new discussion

So I was starting to feel pretty good last week. I was feeling about 7/10. And was able to brush my anxiety off. I was sleeping a lot better. I had energy. But the past 3 days I feel like I'm going down hill. Mind racing again. Feeling anxious. My biggest fear is going crazy. But I've always had anxiety since I was young. Health anxiety and GAD. I am 27 years old and I can remember worrying about things when I was 10. May be I need to increase my dose. But I'm afraid too due to side effects. I was also prescribed lorazepam as needed. But afraid to take those too.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Daisy, I am also on 10mg and just at the end of week 10, Friday, Saturday and Sunday were really quite tough with anxiety and low mood. Bet yesterday afternoon and so far today I've felt ok. I know the temptation to up the dose and I've thought about it too. But I honestly feel with the goodish days I've had that this dose suits me and I remind myself how bad I was before I took the meds. I also have GAD which can be pretty extreme sometimes and it manifests into all the other anxiety disorders. I had a lot of depersonalisation about 3 weeks ago whilst on holiday and a panic attack before I left the airport but i managed to get away and although anxious whilst I was away, I wouldn't have managed had I not started medication when I did. I don't see Citalopram as taking anxiety away just taking the edge off whilst I can apply coping skills to deal with the rest. I'm sure I'll have more tough days ahead but I want to give it a good 3 months before reflecting on where I'm at. Stephen
    • Posted

Thanks! I just been waking up in the mornings feeling low and anxious. It's an annoying process. I really need to use to coping skills but I can never stick to them. I often tell myself this isn't fair. But life isn't fair. There's things that I've been able to do without an anxiety attack that I wasn't able to do before. So I know the medication is working. I'm just not a patient person.
    • Posted

I can really empathise Daisy, some mornings I feel like crying with the frustration but this is me fighting my anxiety and not accepting it. There are many self help books out there also that are good, we can't recommend any on this forum but you can see from reviews which ones anxiety sufferers find helpful. I desperately didn't want to be ill again but fighting it just made things worse. A wise person on here said it was 6 months before the morning symptoms were but but they were the last thing to go, so be reassured you are making progress even when it's difficult. Keep on keeping on as they say. Stephen

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up