Week four of citalopram 10mg, not sure on what to do

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi everyone. I've been on Citalopram 10mg for four weeks.

I had anxiety and agoraphobia previously for at least six years and never took anything.

I started breaking down so bit the bullet.

I have noticed some improvements and had all the idea effects for a while

My problem is i still fee quite low on energy. I get the odd sprout here and there. I wonder whether i need to increase. I am quite sensitive to medication though.

Thanks in advance

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi, talk to your doctor. I was prescribed 10 mg for a week then 20 MG. I am just starting week 4. Side effects pretty rough when I went from 10 to 20 but not too unbearable. Still feel fluish and just generally unwell, lousy appetite, anxiety, low energy. Waiting to turn the corner and start to feel some positive effects.

BTW I am female and weigh about 115 pounds never taken anything prior to this drug except aspirin etc. I think 20 MG is the low end of a therapeutic dose. However others on this forum are well informed to provide good info.

Good luck!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.