Week from Hell

Posted , 6 users are following.

I've had the most horrendous week - couldn't stop eating. Even ate lots of Christmas choccies, I'll be so glad when they've gone. How I managed to lose a pound I don't know because I didn't have any exercise either. Roll on the Spring.

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi Petal

That's lucky, I had a similar week just after christmas but put on 2lb, I couldn't stop once I started! They have all gone now thankfully.

Jo

• Posted

Hi, I'm Monica - just started taking Orlistat yesterday. I'm just wondering if you were taking the pills when eating junk, or did you stop taking them for a while?

I'm terrified of eating even one piece of candy (my obsession) because I'm afraid of what might happen with taking the pills at the same time?

Looking forwatd to hearing back. Thanks!! :?

• Posted

monica theres 2 ways of looking at it:-

you can use the tablets, stick to them religously and loose the weight and reduce your cravings and have an occassional meal off (i.e once a week or fortnight) or you can skip them willynilly and probably not get anywhere far with the weight loss.

it does depend on what your candy is - some are fat free or low fat but still have calories

• Posted

Hi Petal

I opened some chocs for my sister when she came round and gave her some to take home I ate one and told my husband it wasn't fair that he weighed less than me when I watched him eat 12 chocolates in one go never mind how many he ate when I wasn't there, besides the toast covered in butter, hot cross buns etc etc it's just not fair is it.

Congratulations on losing the pound though. :D

I know what you mean about looking forward to spring though -

I've started walking alot more again now the snows has gone and I cut out my weight watchers puddings for a couple of weeks to try and kick start the weight loss again. Our areas photocopier/printer has been broken for a few days so i've taken numerous walks to the other one the other side of school which is annoying when you don't have much time but the plus side is I've done lots of extra walking at work too so if I don't lose weight this month I'II cry :cry:

Hope you are all o.k. and are still battling on with the bulge shifting :lol:

• Posted

Hi Trying-hard, I asked my hubbie to take all the chocs to his work - although there is an unopened box of After-Eights in the fridge!!!! I've had another bad week, and I weigh tomorrow morning. I'm sure I have put on weight this week. I have done absolutely no exercise - the Wii is covered in dust and the exercise bike has ceased up lol!!!
  • Posted

Hi Petal

Come on Petal dust the wii and exercise bike and get your butt into gear so you look forward to your weigh ins instead of dreading them !

You CAN do it!

Set yourself a challenge to go on the wii and exercise bike for so many minutes a day. Make yourself a chart so you can mark off when you exercised and for how long. Can't you exercise on the bike while watching tv or listening to music.

Good luck smile

• Posted

Hi Petal

I agree with Trying Hard, like you, and hundreds of others, I found it hard tp get back on track after Christmas and the new year. I'm just about getting there. I still have loads of crisps around but my other half has put funny little notes on them, which makes me stop and think and this weekend my friend is having a housewarming so taking them there for everyone else to eat.

I'm trying to but stricter about exercise, would have been so easy to stay in bed this morning but I pushed myself to do some. I think I might take a leaf out of Trying Hards book and stop the WW desserts for a while. They'll be more of a treat when I do have them. I've got my weigh in on Friday and I'm determined to have lost something.

Unfortunately no one else can do this for us, but at least we have all been there and can support each other on here. I'm sure a few more days and it will all seem easy again smile

• Posted

Believe it or not but I lost a pound this week. Been on the exercise bike this morning and I now have sore knees sad
  • Posted

Well done for the pound. Sorry to hear about the knees but at least they have once less pound to carry now smile
  • Posted

Well done Petal for loosing the pound If i'd eaten lots I'd have put loads on I have to be so careful what I eat but I do have the will power not to eat the chocolates,cookies etc I just keep thinking how hard I've worked and what :wink: Iused to look like.

Well done for dusting getting back on the bike, remember it will get easier and think how much better you're going to look by the time the light nights are here.

:wink:

• Posted

Thankyou for the encouragement. I don't know what I would do without you. XXXX

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.