Week tomorrow

Posted , 10 users are following.

Since I had surgery. Anterior/posterior repair and perenium repair. I didn't realise how much of a big op it would be. I'm still not walking that great and just wondered how long before I start to feel ok and able to go out ? Thank you

1 like, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I'm 2 weeks in.  Leg and buttock pain left me this week!  It does get better and I tried to go out 2 days ago, its hard work as you are so exhausted. I think realistically it will be another couple of weeks 

• Posted

I'm 6 days post op for tot and rectocele repair. Not sure if it helped but I took arnica soon as I could after op and for next few days. I don't seem to be too bad. Mind you I'm in bed most of the days.  Anyone else tried Arnica ? 
    • Posted

In the UK we don't recommend Arnica post operative if patients are taking Ibuprofen or aspirin because it can interfere with the clotting function of the blood. Otherwise it will probably be ok to use but it's recommended you let your doctor or pharmacist know you're using it in case it reacts with any other medications.
    • Posted

Thanks for reply Matron. I should have added that I did check with hospital before I took it. Just to be sure. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.