weigh in today

Posted , 6 users are following.

Well I have lost just short of 9lb in 4 weeks. Ive gone from 92kg to 88kg. Im pleased but also slightly disappointed as I wanted a bit more, but the doctor gave me another 8 weeks worth of tablets and said to leave it 8 weeks for my next weigh in. 

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

9 llbs better than nothing. First day for me today! Hoping for a stone in 4 weeks - too optimistic? 
  • Posted

Wow. You have really done well. I am just starting my third month, and have lost 9 lbs.

i have decided to keep at it. If i can lose 5 lbs. a month consistently I will be happy. Not ecstatic, but happy.

Hang in there boys and girls!

• Posted

Wow. You have really done well. I am just starting my third month, and have lost 9 lbs.

i have decided to keep at it. If i can lose 5 lbs. a month consistently I will be happy. Not ecstatic, but happy.

Hang in there boys and girls!

• Posted

Doctor said it was a good loss he didn't think it would work for me. Do you think u lose more if u have more weight to lose? Cos usually when on a diet the more u have to lose the bigger amounts come off? Or is that a myth? 

I wanna get down to about 75kg which will still have me on the chart as overweight but better than I am now! 

• Posted

I would like to loose 6 stone. Have tried everything so just hoping this works. Will need to try hard not to be de motivated if I don't get big loses! 
    • Posted

Well ive tried everything. I can diet but I lose faith after a few weeks. This has scared me into watching what I eat more than anything cos the side effects are horrendous. Believe me I'll not eat pizza again in a hurry! 

You will do it. Once u get into the swing of it it really does get easier. I really struggled for the 1st 2 weeks.

• Posted

My doctor told me that patients who need to take anti depressants or psychotropic drugs almost always gain weight. I take such drugs and he didn't think I would lose weight, but I am losing five lbs. per month and hope to continue to do so. I also take insulin shots and basically insulin converts carbohydrates into fat. This adds to the stress. I know people sneer at fat people and think they are slobs with no will power. Even doctors say things like that.

i think weight control is a very complex problem. I think the anti depressants make you hungry all the time. Tough it out and carry on! X

• Posted

any weight loss is better than none. so if I lose anything its a bonus. I was sceptical in the first 3 weeks taking these tablets. Its only been this last week ive had some confidence in them xx 

If u are losing weight when they thought u wouldn't then that's awesome! x

• Posted

Well done everyone! ! I went for my first weigh in last week and lost 10 lb I was slightly fed up as I though I'd lost more buy hey Ho I'd rather lose 10 lb than gain it!! 😊 Good Luck to all. Xx

• Posted

Good luck and carry on. I live in Canada by the way. We are all doing our best and if we keep trying we will succeed. Xx
    • Posted

I hope so! Im 8 weeks stopped smoking this week so im much more positive in myself with achieving that! If I can give up smoking I can do anything! 

im gonna do a meal a day as a shake, I needs to cut out some carbs in my diet! 

If I lose 9lb per month that's a nearly 2stone in 3 months. I was just disappointed after I'd read that people had lost more than a stone in the first month. Tgats a good weight loss! 

Everyone on this forum seems to be doing really well with their weight loss! 

• Posted

good luck sam, keep it up it will be worth it, iv now lost 5 and a half stone, its took me a year, still want to lose more, im now off the orlistat and just eat healthy meals, still have a treat every week, keep focused
  • Posted

Well done Sam smile If you were to fill up your scales with the lb for lb and physically look at it ?  visually to see the amount you have got off is brilliant, just take a day or week at a time and keep focused weight off is better than on, keep focused smile x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.