weigh ins ?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi

Bit confused :? , everyone on here seems to be getting weighed by their doctors. I've been put on these pills and given an appointment for the 16th december to go back, no support there :!: :!:

The only help I've been getting is from Map, who have answered alot of my questions, but don't understand why everyone else is being seen so regularly.

Any ideas or have i just got a crap doctor :roll:

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi there Katia,

Why not make an appt with your practice nurse, she should be able to weigh you at regular intervals to monitor how you are doing... that's what I did...

Good luck

BM x 8)

• Posted

Hi

I to was given a months supply with no advise or help! I rang the Map number. I have weight myself and measured every part of my body!! I am not getting on the scales untill i've been on the tablets for 4 weeks and i have to see doc for another prescription as they wont do these on repeat - so maybe its then that he weighs me??

Just keep in touch with the MAP team and everyone on here - they have been brill answerong my questions.

Good luck

• Posted

Hi i get a months supply at a time from my doctor then have to go back and see her and get weighed before i get next batch.maybe make appt with nurse at your practice smile x
  • Posted

I am the same..

Went on the 1st Ocotber..got weighed..given 28 days supply..

Igo back on the 24th..(so I have my new script before the old one runs out) and get weighed again..if I have lost I get another 28days worth..

Same again at the end of November.. then at the end of December..if I have lost 5% total of my start weight..it starts again for another 3 months..

Going by what the doc told me if I can lose 10% of my starting weight by 6 months they will then give me 3 months supply at a time..and providing I am still losing (at that point it doens't matter how much, just as long as I am losing) they will then start with 3 monthly scripts and weigh ins

• Posted

Thanks everyone for your comments. The thing is I've just been given 3 months supply after being on them for 1 month and no appiontments made so still doesn't really add up :? :?
  • Posted

[quote:85964b2e24=\"dawn39\"]Hi i get a months supply at a time from my doctor then have to go back and see her and get weighed before i get next batch.maybe make appt with nurse at your practice smile x[/quote:85964b2e24]

Exactly the same for me too. I would phone and make and appointment with the practice nurse for regular weigh ins.

xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.