weighed today............

Posted , 4 users are following.

hiya,ive been on orlistat 1 week now, and i use the blueys alongside WW. just a note to say i lost a lb! so dunno if tabs arent working?as im sure i should of lost more than a pound shouldnt i?anyone else in same boat?cheers

heidi

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Heidi,

It's 2 pkts of lard!!! :lol:

Seriously though alot of people over the months I've been posting on here do say that you have to eat enough fat for the tabs to work, so make sure that you are having at least the 10gms per meal, so that you have the minimum of 30gms per day - you could up the lunch and dinner to 15 gms so that would make 40gms.

I don't have alot of fat for breakfast but I still do take a tablet and I've lost nearly 1.5 stone since May. :D

Keep at it and I'm sure after a month you'll be seeing a difference :wink:

Jane

• Posted

Hi Heidi,

I've now lost 8 and a half pound in 6 weeks, to me that is a good result even if it isn't as fast as some. What weight watchers should have told you is that an average loss of betweem 1 and 2 pounds is the best as then you are more likely to keep it off. I've had a week when I only lost half a pound and thought......... this isn't working, but it was so give yourself a pat on the back for doing it and see what happens next week smile

• Posted

well id just phoned MAP,the lady i spoke to was quite sharp!but what she needs to realise is that im new to this and ive not had my pack yet! but i had had some orange this morn and found this odd as id not gone over 30g fat. yesterday i had 2 pork loins bgty range and had no fat on, they were 2.2g fat per 100g i had 2 of them. she said i had too much fat!!but the meal didnt contain more than 10g fat!she said its the size portions too.but if the foods u eat contain between the fat guide surely the portion size wont matter??cos tonight i was going to have a chicken breast piece she said its way too big and has to be the size of your palm , the square bit. without the pack i dont know now whats what?can anyone help?thanks
  • Posted

You have to watch the fat content per size though...

For instance..

You have something that is 3g fat per 100g.. BUT the portion you are eating is 800g.. you then have to multiply you 3grams by 8.. = 21grams..

• Posted

hiya that 24gs not 21 isnt it?maybe i aint doing it right.and that where im doing it wrong?i had tin mackerell fillets y'day per 100g was 2.2g fat. the whole tin contents weighed 125g, so had whole tin. MAP nurse said that id had too much fat in it,how could i of? as the total fat content would be 2.75g fat for whole tin.had this with jacket potato cucumber and potato had extra light philedelphia cheese.so no where near the 10g fat per meal rule. nurse said too much fat!!cant win . thanks

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.