Weight

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have been on Cit for 6 mths starting on 20mg then after about 3mths increasing to 40mgs with not to many side effects. However I have definitely put on weight & having trouble losing it. This is the last thing I want ! Has this happened to anyone else. Also I am thinking of gradually weaning my self off of them what is the best way of doing this ? Thanks

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Id try cutting down to 30 for a few weeks if ur stable there then do twenty for a while then 10 then 5 and once ur at 5 id take it every few days then stop if ur ok
    • Posted

Good morning Weenett. I am also struggling on 40 mg's and I have lowered my dose. Should a person lower the dose by 10 mg's at a time or 5 mg's? This is my second day at 35 mg's and I'm struggling. Dont think I felt this bad without the meds. Wow!!!

• Posted

Have u gone from 40 to 35 and ur struggling within a few days? U can either wait out the withdrawels and do it really slowly in 5mgs if ur suffering bad withdrawrls on 5 mg lower dose id b inclinded to think ir not ready to reduce at all im not a doc tho
    • Posted

Hi Weenett. I'm not sure I understand. I presently am on 40 mg's of Cit (12 weeks) and for 2 days i have reduced that down to 35 mg's. Feeling pretty crappy too. Real crazy side effects. Hopefully they dont last too long. I'm ok with reducing 5mg's at a time. Not sure I want to go faster as I have read some horror stories about doing it faster. Just want to feel better

• Posted

Hi Linda,

I've been on citalopram for a year now and have put on weight...but I lost 16kgs when I first went on it. Almost all of it has come back, but I think it's more me and my eating than the citalopram.

I do plenty of exercise and when I'm watching what I eat, the weight does slowly come off. I'm just a bit slack and being a private chef doesn't help..lots of testing to be done!.

Take care.

Louise

• Posted

It's a sod isn't it. Maybe a reduction might be enough to help with your weight loss?. I'm on 40mgs too and I wonder about decreasing. The thought of my anxiety flaring up again makes me anxious though!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.