Weight and rectocele repair

Posted , 6 users are following.

Has anyone has a rectocele repair when 15 half stone....and how successful. ? I have managed to loose 1 and a half stone but I am in so much lower back pain due to prolapse that my fitness is not good. I have a date for 18th Nov but so worried it will be refused because of my weight

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi kar 

have you had your pre op yet? If so they already know how much you weigh and have given it the go ahead.

im awaiting same surgery plus other bits and am a stone lighter than you and my op date is just under two weeks so try not to worry too much.

keep us updated on progress.

brie

• Posted

Pre op is next week. Seen my consultant back in Jul and he advised to loose as much weight as poss but only lost about half a stone more. Im so worried at pre op they will say no. I was 14 stone 10 when I had my bladder repair and 11 years on its still fine. I really need this op so I can at least walk the dog properly again.

​thank you Brie and good luck with your op x

• Posted

I've just had mine repaired on 12 sept, I'm 20 stone and my recovery has been good so far. They said the repair was good at my post op appt. I lost a bit of fitness but I'm getting back to normal now .

• Posted

Thats really positive to hear .. A friend of mine reckons that her back pain post op is still in lots of back pain and its never improvedsad x

• Posted

I'm sure they would have discussed this with you before so try not to worry. It sounds like you are making great progress with the weight loss so just keep it up. I have read somewhere that being over weight puts additional strain on the pelvic floor and it's in our best interests to slim down for a good prognosis after surgery and beyond. You will be so keen to avoid constipation after the op that fruit and veg will be your best friend. Good luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.