WEIGHT AND SEE WHAT YOUR NEW KNEEZ CAN BE 2015

Posted , 14 users are following.

Just a little thread for those of us who want to shift some weight in 2015 to help our new knees and life in general

7 likes, 172 replies

172 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Hi, 

I believe my weight caused my knee problem, well it certainly hasn't helped them!!

Now the new year is here I want to get some weight off to do everything I can to help my new knee replacement I had in August.

Need some support to keep my motivation going!!!

Good luck everyone!!

• Posted

Sugar free jelly  made with diet lemonade instead of water ...eat whenever 

a big pan of boiled  vegetables  "without potatoes "  also no calories so eat whenever you feel peckish 

• Posted

Happy New Year everyone. Well aas I've said before I need to lose at least 3 stone so it all begins now.  My new knee needs me to lose this weight too.  Good luck all. We can do it. Xx
  • Posted

I dont know about others but the sleep problems were always the biggest negative weight control. When I got up during the night to get the ice pack i couldnt get it out without moving the ice cream. Mentally I needed something to be offered up to sooth my self pity and the ice cream was right there. Of course being tired, in the dark and not having my glasses on it made it difficult to how much I was scooping up and I sure didnt want to short myself on the emotional relief....... and so it went for weeks and lbs
    • Posted

Lol I love that excuse ...mine was taking a couple of biscuits to bed so I wouldn't be taking painkillers on an empty stomach 
    • Posted

About 5 yrs after the last of my 5 surgeries I ballooned. Then csme a colon resection that about ended it for me twice. I dropped 35 lbs in a month. Slowly I put a little back on then the 4 knee/leg surgeries in 2013 and more loss. For the past year I've stayed about the same. Due the worsening condition of my wife, I have had to take on additional responsibilities around here so don't have time or inclination to sit and eat. When I do I grab some fruit instead of of chocolate.
  • Posted

Ok I'm going to brave and get over the embarrassment today I weighed in at 15.4 (214 lbs) . This will change my first goal is to be out of the 15s by next week.
    • Posted

Slow and steady.....

You'll get there. I was told (over a couple of beers) by a professional nutritionist type that no matter how you go about weight loss the body will rebel if you abuse it during the process. Its a complete lifestyle change that makes tkr rehab look like a walk in the park. Be good to yourself and you'll make it.

• Posted

Thank you. I will do it sensibly. Over the last 7 years I have lost 200 lbs. potting on 42lbs is disappointing but I know I can get it off if I am consistent and focused
    • Posted

Surprised it only took 6 weeks to put it on thoughrolleyes
    • Posted

That's a first brilliant step  well done ....how tall are you? 
    • Posted

5 ft 4. I have never been at the right weight when I was 10 I was 10 stone and went up from there
    • Posted

I'm 5 ft 6 

i was always a stick insect as a child ....I have 4 sons and 2 daughters so I guess running around after them kept me skinny

i've obviously put  some weight on over the years as most of us  do.

but now  I want to give this knee the best chance I can.

i know I'll never be a bikini model ...but surely I can model maxi dresses  for the aged ....lol

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.