Weight gain

Posted , 6 users are following.

Why can't I loose weight?  That's it really. I'm 56. Why am I eating like a sparrow but the scales say I'm an elephant?  Yuk!

2 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

OMG...me too. It has to be lack of estrogen. According to Living Strong:

Estrogen is the primary female reproductive hormone. When the female body stops ovulating, estrogen production diminishes dramatically. Simultaneously, levels of the male hormone androgen increase, causing a redistribution of weight to the belly, an area where men typically store fat. Because your body still requires estrogen for other metabolic functions, estrogen must be found elsewhere. Since the fat cells in your body are able to produce estrogen, the brain sends a message to preserve fat stores at all costs and convert excess calories to fat.

• Posted

Me too....  I don't think I eat too much and limit the sugar.  I am active...  I eat spinich and Kale everyday... I'm going to try to up my water intake and eat more fruit..  Last night I did a few squats and planks--maybe I need to 'sneak' it in here and there thruout the day...   I also need to find out what is the best for protein besides chicken and eggs.

• Posted

Thank you for your replies.  Yes I do have a balanced diet, I could exercise more which would help I suppose but it's all a bit frustrating.  Accepting each stage of life is important, I know.

• Posted

I hate my tummy and massive breasts! Trying to love them as I've always wanted boobs but they get in the way and clothes don't fit. Slim arms and legs and roly poly middle. I do enjoy a sweet treat now and again but mostly eat protein, salads, fish, avocado and yoghurts and fruit, in my quest to be healthy. Maybe I just eat too much! I'm 58 and middle age spread has definitely caught me up! xx

• Posted

Wounldn't mind boobs but without the tummy...  I need get motivated to try a eating plaan where the metabolism ignates and burns the fat because I do believe I eat healthy mostly. I have been reading  that it's really important to eat every 3-4 hours certain foods, etc....  Anyone who has good results, please share...

• Posted

One tip I have discovered recently girls is that we need all the vitamin Bs to metabolise food.  I've started taking it and I certainly have much less of that CONSTANT feeling of wanting something to eat and I've actually lost a couple of pounds !!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.