Weight gain due to peri

Posted , 5 users are following.

Do any of you lovely ladies have any secrets about weight gain from peri? I try to exercise 5 days a week I have to admit it's been hit or miss recently. I exercise at night which you know how things go things come up at night. I try getting up in the mornings but I feel so ill in the mornings. I also don't eat a whole lot either.  So if you have anything that works for you let me know.  Thank you

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi hun, just to let you know, weight gain or weight loss is very common with peri and full menopause, even post. So dont worry, hormones are involved in so many processes that the entire body goes haywire. I have been overweight all my life due to polycystic ovaries and 31 years of steroids. Now I am in full meno, I have dropped more than 40 pounds in 8 weeks! Thats totally without any concious effort. I dont mind because I've tried every diet known to man to no avail. It will only help me get more healthy in the long run. But gaining weight is just as common. I think it all depends which hormone crashes first as to whether you lose or gain weight. Hope this helps! XXX

• Posted

Ugh I just want to maintain where I am. These crazy hormones lol
  • Posted

I'm slowly gaining as well and wished I was one of those who lost weight at this time.   I think that's great that you exercise as it's important for joints, bones, etc...   You may want to eat super healthy and see if that helps.  The two go hand in hand but what foods you are eating is most important..

• Posted

I try to eat healthy also but man these sugar cravings sometimes. Lol. I've tried to eat low carb but it's so hard. 

• Posted

Yes.  Sugar cravings are tough then it all goes to pot...  Sugar is like a drug and it ages you so that's why I should eliminate it.  I bet the weight would come off easier too!!  : )

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.