weight going up n down

Posted , 8 users are following.

I weighed on Wednesday and I'd lose 2.4kg. . I weighed today and I'm 101.4 which is exactly what I weighed when I started just over a week ago..  haven't eaten anything that I shouldn't have.  Very demotivating sad 

1 like, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Sorry to hear that Shelagh but keep going,  its all trial and error at the moment with foods. it will take time and show the fat whos boss!!!! 
    • Posted

I'm really enjoying the fresh salads and fruit etc and I haven't had anything wrong at all... just disheartened like I say.. I'm not a quitter,  I will just look for another way 
  • Posted

That is the downside of weighing yourself too often, you will have fluctuations. I get weighed once a week the same time of day every Friday. 

Don't get disheartened, keep at it, keep your water intake up and you will see a difference next week.

• Posted

I started these on the 10/06 so its 2 n half weeks, i lost a few pound at first but went back up, ive yoyoed up and down, had a teency bit orange oil in toilet first few days but none  since so im guessing im eating correctly, im feeling down about it as ive read such good reviews, i wonder if its possible that im not eating enough, ive been told to be patient but im worried my doc wont give me them again, im considering starting slimming world to give me a better idea what to eat as im such a fussy one with food, i will keep you updated of any progress, GOOD LUCK xxxx
    • Posted

It's not a nice feeling eh sad I have lost weight myself in the past very successfully, when the doctor offered me these I thought I'd see it drop off along with eating very low fat food.  

I'll give it one more week and then if I don't see any improvements ill stop taking them, if they're not working it's just a waste of £50 for the nhs rolleyes 

• Posted

Meant to say, the doctor offered me these as I have very bad knees and although I do my best excersising etc I don't get far... but I've bought a treadmill for the house, along with other gym equipment and have worked thru the pain and have gone from 5 mins to 45 mins. . So no one can accuse me of relying to heavily on the pills.

Like anything I guess, what works for 1 may not work for another x

• Posted

Please dont give up Shelagh! sad 

I dont feel like I have lost a thing, but then I refuse to get on the scales myself, so that I am not dissapointed. I am going to wait for the 4 weeks to be up and let the doctor weigh me. I have a phobia of the dreaded scales exclaim Which is probably why I have gained 6 stone in 3 years!

Im routing for you!

Go Shelagh! Go Shelagh! Go Shelagh!

• Posted

Hi Shelagh, I have been on the tablest for 3 weeks now, went to my drs on friday for something unrelated, he weighed me and I had lost 4 lb, i went to SW on saturday morning and hadnt lost a thing, I too had gone back up! I was absolutley gutted and walked out of the group sobbing - silly I know but it gets you like that, when you know how hard you have tried.

I have changed my diet plan for this week, low fat but different foods, because I had got into a rut with food options, and I am writing everythin down!

I am praying for a decent loss this week or like you I will stop taking the tablets

Have agood week flower xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.