Weight issues

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have gained 20 lbs since this whole thing started 5 yrs ago. Has anyone else had this happen? How did you get it back off?

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Robin,

Though I have not been thin / slim for a few years, I am noticing weight gain as well, especially in the middle sad

Don't know how to get back to my normal before embarking on the way to better shape. 

I did read somewhere that it is little more difficult to loose weight when you are going thru the menopause transition. 

• Posted

I'm slowing gaining too and hate it.  There are so many different eating plans so I just do my best.  I know drinking water and any kind of movement each day is a must.  I'm finding that salads are best as in protein and vege.  My thing is sugar and it's difficult to give up.  I graze all day so I'm thinking about eating in an 8-hour window to eliminate snacks at night..   I think each person has to find what works for them and stick to it.

• Posted

I found what helped me was to cut back on carbs and what I ate in the day and had a smaller plate for evening meal (not too late) and swam about two / three days a week and I lost the stone I gained.
  • Posted

Hi Robin...when i finally admitted to myself the weight wasn't going away unless i made it go away, then i changed what i ate, how much and ramped up my movement. Mostly fruits n veggies w steamed or baked chicken or fish...lots of times no meat at all. Watch out for added sugars because it is literally in EVERYTHING!! Nothing white flour based, brown rice,whole grains...sweet potatoes, including baked sweet potato fries when I wanted French fries. Smoothies for breakfast, nuts and yogurt. And walk, trot, walk, walk, walk. Also light weights for toning, standing core exercises. It will go away.

• Posted

I did too. Actually 40. I have been struggling to get it off for the last 6 years. A lot of people have suggestions, but I'm not sticking with them. I gave up chocolate for lent, hoping to lose weight, but I didn't lose a single pound. UGH. I know how you feel.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.