Weight Lose

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi, Have been on long term Steroids and have been off them for 2 months and as they have caused me to gain 3 stone l need to lose it but can't exercise as l have copd and 2 collapsed disc's in my lower spine.

my gp has agreed for me to try orlistat and this is day 1 l have taken 2 so far but nothing has happened is this normal?

1 like, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

What are you eating? because what you eat and how you change your diet can seriously change your body fat percentage, even without you working out.

Also see if there is a type of exercise that you can do, like swimming or stationary bikes or pilates.

• Posted

Hi Sharon, I'm on day 5 and as long as you eat a low fat diet nothing should happen. I've had no side effect because I'm stayed within my 5g of fat meals.

I also have well had a bad back, I had all my discs removed and 2 extra vertebrates so they were took out metal cages put in and I'm pinned and screwed all over! Great fun at a foreign airport lol

I have 5 stone to loose, it gonna be a long slog but I'm determined.

These pills stop your body absorbing the fat so you will only have side effects if you go over 5g of fat 15g per meal.

• Posted

Hi al thanks for replys i dont have fried food or chinese chip shop etc and have just started to try a calorie count as it turns out l usually use about 500 calories a day and thats mainly coffee with 2 sugars sad

my problem seems to be l don't eat often enough and so my body is storing so l have been told they could be wrong but now l am eating things like melon and soft fruit , cabbage peas, mincemeat as l dont have the teeth to chew food anymore.

i do use white med slice bread as l cant tolerate brown bread in any way.

i don't smoke/drink

dont eat cake or chocolate etc.

so l hope you can tell by this where i am going wrong and offer me some advise please as this is all new to me and l don't really know what l am doing.

• Posted

500 calories in total???? If so that's why your body is starving and storing everything.

You need 1200 calories minimum a day.

You need 3 meals at least. Do us a typica diary of your days food and let's get to the bottom of it x

• Posted

Fatfairy l have to take my son out and then l will come and give you a copy of what l had on fri and sat but it will be a true account as to lie about it will only hurt me.

• Posted

B'Fast

x2 Toast & Butter250

Cup of Tea 2 sugars35

Throughtout Morning

5 Cups of Coffee 2 sugars in each 175

LUNCH

Ham & Mustard Sandwich250

Cup of Coffee 2 sugars35

Cup of Coffee 35

Mid Afternoon Snack

1 Banana 1 Peach 1 Nectrine203

Glass Squash6

Cup of Coffee35

EVENING MEAL

Chicken Breast90

Cabbage12

Peas65

Gravy15

Glass of Squash6

Cup Coffe 2 sugars35

Cup of coffee 2 sugars35

Glass of Coke105

This was hard for me to do as usaully l would have the coffee and maybe a sandwich and toast on a normal day and as today l have had about 4 coffee's and 2 slices melon and that is fine with me until tomorrow but seems its not normal way of eating so have tried to do this - the list was what l had on friday 30th aug

• Posted

my GP weighed me on Monday 26th aug and l was 12stone 3lb but my scales weigh 3lb

lighter than hers, l have just weighed and am now 12stone 1 lb even with the blue tablets when l eat anything more than just fruit and they are working but am only getting a small amount per day.

Any advice would be apreciated confused

• Posted

Hi, yeah looks good! Dunno how you dare have butter tho!! You not scared of the side effects?

You're well within calories and fats. Maybe try sweetener and you could eat more! The tablets take a few days to kick in and unless you eat fats nothing will happen. It means your doing it right! Stick with it and I'm such the lbs will start dropping off.

• Posted

when l say butter l actually mean marg sorry, why have l put on a lb do you reckon i am having to many calories per day and as to the sweetners yuk going to try and stop the sugar in coffe altogher think that would help ?

I have never been on a diet until now and feel totally out of my depth with it as l have never had to make sure l eat and at 52yrs didn't think l would ever have to as l am not bothered about what others think of me but do need the surgery and so am feeling pressure to do this but as its been a week on the tabs and have to go back in another week to docs would hope at least to lose a tiny bit rather than gaining it ?

• Posted

Why don't you join a class? They give you low fat idea and menus to follow.

I have been on a diet forever lol.

No not too many calories. I can't see what your doing wrong sad

• Posted

Thanks ff its nice for someone who knows about this to take the time to set me on the right path smile
  • Posted

I am wondering if l should ask for Diuretics as Steroids cause Fluid Retention any thoughts anyone please?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.