weight loss

Posted , 8 users are following.

I seem to be losing weight, I have just started HRT as the symptons have been unbearable to try and go natural.  But the weight loss is concerning me the most.  Is anyone else experiencing this ?

x

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Funnily enough Andrea ive just started to notice weight loss even though my belly is still protruding! Lost 6 lbs in about 10 days. It's good but I'd had the problem of gaining weight in the past. I'm not on HRT
    • Posted

I don't have the weight to lose, this is what I find so scary x
  • Posted

Assuming you don't have excess weight to lose Andrea?

I, like you, am battling to go the 'natural' route and struggling. I can hear my dear ol' late mum screaming at me 'Don't be a bloody Martyr to it! Get yourself some HRT!'

Giving it til the end of Feb, then I'm down to see my GP. I think there's more to my life than putting up and shutting up: there's life in this ol' boot......somewhere!

Personally, I would love to drop a stone so the thought this might work for me is great. Could the weight loss be getting rid of retained fluid?

I was non-stop tiddling yesterday - vast amounts! I had a terribly long P spanning 19 day over Xmas/NY and felt proper rough. But once I stopped bleeding, I lightened up, checked what I ate, and dropped 5lb - brilliant! :-)

Think others on this wonderful site have commented on weight loss generally during Peri. You'll get some great advice on here for sure.

But if you're really concerned, speak with your GP x

• Posted

When i started hrt i lost weight without even trying! Its a side effect and can go either way. Im now nearly weaned off the hrt and the weight has gradually returned. I lost over a stone in total. Wish i could lose it again!

Id go see the doctor he may try you on a different hrt.

Elaine x

• Posted

Hi ladies that just what happened to me after a full hysterectomy and i put it on here that i was concered as well.And some one on here told me get my thyroid checked i did and yes i had overactive thyroid so that was why i was loosing weight xxx
  • Posted

Couldn't stay on HRT long enough to comment, it gave me diarrhoea- possibly by giving me lactose intolerance. I lost weight but because I couldn't  stop going to loo after nearly every meal. I'm now stuck between a rock & a hard place. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.