Weight Loss After Urolift - Any Problems?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Had my Urolift (six hold open thingies) 2 1/2 years ago.  Love it.  I'm 73yo and have been eating leaves and fruits and walking to lose weight.  Its working.  Down 43 pounds now.  Can't help but wonder if weight loss happens in the prostate to and if there's any effect on the "hold open thingies" from weight loss.  Plan on continuing to eat right and exercise to get more of this lard off my aging body.  Thanks for any feedback.  Can't find anything about weight loss after Urolift from searching on line.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Just to clarify...moved from 268 lbs top weight at 6 foot to 225lbs today.
  • Posted

I did not see weight loss after  the Urolift surgery.  In the year before the Urolift I put on about 5 lbs because of being on Flomax. For me, Flomax took away my recreational running.  I have been very slow to start running again this year.  After the surgery 1 year ago, I am about the same level - 25 lbs higher than basic training weight (1971) - as before.  Riverkilt - you are amazing.  I admire your determination.  Keep it up!
  • Posted

My wife and I have been on a 600 calorie diet (each) for 2 days each week. We have lost about as much as you have, and the rest of the week, you can eat whatever you want. This works better for us, because it's so damn hard to eat leaves and twigs EVERY day. I don't know about the prostate effects though.

Neal

• Posted

Thanks, Urolift had nothing to do with weight loss.  Talked to my urologist and he said the prostate doesn't shrink with weight loss....??  Just the fat around it.   Have been walking at least a mile a day or more after work and on weekends at the local middle school track.  Three times now I've had some blood in my urine after.  No biggie, just wonder if its one of the metal thingies or something else.  Next month he's going up and taking a look at my bladder with whatever it is they do that with.  Down 50 lbs now.  Feels great.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.