weight loss and anxiety

Posted , 39 users are following.

I am very scared as to why I'm losing weight so fast, can someone assure me that is an anxiety symptom please because it makes me think that something is wrong with me ... your comments will help me a lot .  

6 likes, 59 replies

59 Replies

Next
  • Posted

It is defiantly anxiety Hun.

I lost 18lb in just short of a month.

I don't have health anxiety so the weight loss was only a worry to me because it was so rapid,not because I thought it was anything else.

I can promise you now,if you have been diagnosed with anxiety,then that is the reason for your weight loss xxx

• Posted

Thank you Gillian . I think I'm suffering from health anxiety because that is the only thing I'm worried about all the time ..
    • Posted

You will be ok Hun. Anxiety takes a different approach with everybody.

Im not sure if you take antidepressants but I feel they do get you to a point where you are able to see the thoughts about your health as just anxious thoughts,nothing to worry about.

The weight loss thing. Don't give it another thought. As your anxiety reduces,that will sort itself out xxx

• Posted

I would love to beable lose weight like that. Whats the name of what you R taking
    • Posted

I recently discovered I have loss 16 pounds in about three weeks time and I know it's from my anxiety cause it makes it difficult to eat without getting sick....my question for you is do you have any kidney issues from not eating right? I'm super nervous about the long term effects I may have to deal with because of eating maybe one meal a day for the last month due to panic an anxiety all the time.

• Posted

you need a full blood test to see what you are defient in that will determine what your body is lacking in
    • Posted

I did a blood work I'm waiting for the result.. thank you..
  • Posted

Hi,

Yes I think you losing your wait because of anxiety because same thing I experienced. But I will suggest you to consult with your doctor.

• Posted

The only thing I can think of that may make you lose weight and cause anxiety as well would be a thyroid issue, which is very common and very treatable.  If you have been eating normally and nothing has changed, I would ask your doctor just to check it.  It's a very simple test that would put your mind at ease.  Regardless it's better to ask a professional, because sometimes fear of the unknown is worse than knowing it's nothing or it's something very minor.  
    • Posted

Yes I was going to suggest maybe ask for your thyroid checked also as this could not only be another reason for weight loss but also it can bring on anxiety xx
    • Posted

I don't eat like I used to because I'm pregnant  I'm having all the nauseous feelings sometimes I force my self to eat.
    • Posted

I had thyroid check last year and it was OK .. I don't know if it started to act up now..
    • Posted

Ahh see...you are expecting and it can be very daunting for us mums. Our hormones are all over,we are vulnerable. Perfect for anxiety to strike.

You just be gentle and kind with yourself  and tell the anxiety to sling its hook.

Esier said than done I know but you do need to be gentle and kind with yourself xxx

• Posted

I do have Thyriod Problems and taking pills for that Im already take depressing pills. Do you just take meds for anxiety?
    • Posted

when someone is lose weight, what kind of test does the person need to do?
    • Posted

when someone is lose weight, what kind of test does the person need to do?
    • Posted

Normally t3&t4 for thyroid levels, white and red blood cell count and h.i.v. testing if active.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.