Weight loss nd weight loss ?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello , My Name is Jesus , I Am 19 years old I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism 4 months ago , I was put on 50 mg levothyroxine for half of a month then took a 3 day break since i was having hyperthyroidism symtoms then changed to 25(doctors order) , I've lost 36 pounds without trying and can't gain my weight back. I was 180 now 144 , does anybody have any idea why the weight loss , my doctor said it was normal , but I dont even know anymore , still feeling a Lil sleepy , and I dont really have appetite I do force my self to eat tho

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Something doesnt sound write there,with hypo its usually the total opposite and your metabolism slows right down a d its virtually impossible to lose any weight.

May be worth getting your bloods redone x

• Posted

Thank you for your reply , I just dont even know anymore , I ended in the hospital they told me I didnt have a thyroid problem , that it was a season my body was going threw , then my personal doctor that had run blood tests 2 days before that called me the next day of the hospital visit nd told me I had hypothyroidism ,she checked twice for my thyroid nd did come out as hypo , so i dont even know if I should keep taking the pill
    • Posted

My friend's father is hypo. His appetite is suppressed and he is extremely thin. It is possible to be hypo and have thus sort of symptom presentation, although not as typical. 

One thing you might want to consider is that hypothyroid disease can be exacerbated by many vitamin and mineral deficiencies as well as protein deficiencies. In fact, if you look at the symptoms for magnesium deficiency, the symptoms are almost exactly the same as hypothyroid.

Cleaning up your diet and adding some good quality supplements can go a long way towards improving health.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.