Weight loss on Cialopram

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello everyone, have just started week 12 on 20mg. Still a little anxious or fatigued and flat. I can't say I have felt any big change yet, but I am somewhat concerned about my weight loss. My appetite has never been the same, and although I force myself to eat a reasonable diet and loads of fruit, I have not managed to put any weight back on. People are constantly asking why I am so thin, and would do anything to put on the 6-7 kg (1 stone) that has dissapeared since I started cit. Has anyone else experienced this. Would love to hear that my appetite is going to come roaring back. Thanks again Lee. 

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Lee, I am going on my 16th week with cit. In beginning lost weight (10lbs) then gradually got appetite back to now I feel I need to watch myself as not to gain to much. Hang in this takes time and is different for everyone !
    • Posted

Thanks Louis. Great to hear your appetite came back. Are you feeling any better at 16 weeks? Gosh some days I feel like my pharmacy has given me a placebo, and that this is never going to work. So looking forward to eating for pleasure and sinking my teeth into a huge steak and chips. Thanks for the heads up. Take care. Lee.
    • Posted

Yes Lee I am feeling better just hoping for more than 2-3 good days in a row. My reason for taking cit was stress and anxiety and only symptoms were chest and stomach discomfort. After a week on 20mg cit symptoms eased then finally gone. Now dealing with effects of med.so just going day to day !
  • Posted

Hi Lee,

i am also losing weight, I need to lose about a stone, so far half a stone has

just melted away. So for me its a good thing. Most anti depressants are weight gainers, so if you talk to your doctor maybe he can change your medication.

But if you read the side effects some people put weight on, some lose it, some sleep some get energy, spose it al depends on our metabolism.

• Posted

Thanks Icejan, I was. little under weight from all the anxiety to start with, so additional weight loss just makes me look ill. I am really not up to a med change after getting to 3 months on Cit. I couldnt stand the thought of another failed attempt or dose increase. Wonderful that you are losing wight that you wanted gone anyway...that is a bonus. I want some meat on my scrawny bones. LOL. Lee. 
    • Posted

Hi Lee,

Maybe you can try protein powder in a smoothy.!!!!!!!!!!!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.