weight loss-week one!

Posted , 3 users are following.

Ok, so I am not medically obese, but i have to lose weight as i had a major operation earlier this year to remove a huge tumour along with all of my tissue surrounding my left buttock/hip. as i have been extremely less mobile since the op, i have put on weight quickly, going from 10st to 13st in 6months! My docs have told me that i wil just continue to put on weight and it will not stop and i'd end up in a wheelchair, as my joint could not take the pressure of me standing .I lost some weight on my own,by basically starving myself, and eating child-like portions. I already have a very good diet, but obviously my mobility is the issue for me. so here is my progress on week one:

Starting weight: 79.1kg

Week one: 77.8kg

I am extremely pleased that there is actually something out there to help me.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Treen - well done on the weight loss....and there's more to come to help that joint keep going.

My main reason for losing weight is because my joints are beginning to show the strain of carrying me around overweight for many, many years. It is helping with the mobility so I trust as you reduce you will be able to move more. I can now walk for over an hour - not exactly painfree but better and better each day.

Onward and downward....best wishes.

• Posted

How are you planning to boost your exercise a little to double the value of the diet? Are you mobile enough to walk to get a little warm?
  • Posted

[quote:c32088d12e=\"quill-drill\"]Treen - well done on the weight loss....and there's more to come to help that joint keep going.

My main reason for losing weight is because my joints are beginning to show the strain of carrying me around overweight for many, many years. It is helping with the mobility so I trust as you reduce you will be able to move more. I can now walk for over an hour - not exactly painfree but better and better each day.

Onward and downward....best wishes.[/quote:c32088d12e]

• Posted

[quote=\"TREEN\"][quote=\"quill-drill\"]Treen - well done on the weight loss....and there's more to come to help that joint keep going.

Onward and downward....best wishes.

its nice to have somebody who understands the joint issue, it is so hard to get motivated tom move when you know that it is going to cause you pain. thankyou for your words, inspirational!!

• Posted

I can walk quite well some days, as i take a strong painkiller that completely masks my pain, until the following few hours, then i suffer for the next couple days. so it quite hard for me to find a balance on the physical side, to find what i am capable of without it being followed by pain. Hopefully as the weight comes off, i will be more mobile with less pain as i was to begin with. fingers crossed!!
  • Posted

Treen, it used to be that I had to take pain-killers before walking too but not now so take comfort from that.

If, like one day we went to a country park, and ended up walking 4 km.....well for two days after I was hobbling around....it was just a bit far for my hip joints...they are the worst...feet next (feels like all the bones are in the wrong place!) and then knees give problems going downhill. Today I walked nearly two miles, steaming when I got home as I was trying to avoid a massive shower but felt good afterward even though my size 18 (!!!) trousers got soaked a little distance from home. Need waterproof trousers for Winter walks.

All the best for a more mobile future.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.