Weight loss worry husband has cancer

Posted , 7 users are following.

I am suffering from acute anxiety and stress at the mo. My husband has bowel cancer and liver mets. This was diagnosed over 6 months ago. I am worried sick and have lost 2 stone in weight since the diagnosis.  I can't sleep, have no appetite and feel sick all the time.  I force feed myself otherwise I would go down hill. Please help me. I see a Counsellor weekly to help manage the symptoms but this is not helping. GPs dole out pills such as antidepressants etc. can anyone help, I'm desperate. My husband has months of ops to go through, just don't know how to cope x 

2 likes, 14 replies

Report / Delete

14 Replies

• Posted

Sorry about everything you and your husband are facing at the moment.  I don't have experience of this but I did want you to know that we're all here for you on this forum.

Try and take one day at a time, stop worrying if you can about what the future holds, hopefully, gods will, your husband will receive the appropriate treatment and recover.

You AEG need to nurture yourself and keep well to help your husband through this difficult time, we all have a responsibility to make sure our own needs are met.

They say everything in life has a reason and I truly hope you and your husband can move forward on your journey through life.

Keep posting when you need support and we will all do what we can to help.

Hugs and love to you both x

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I would go back to your GP Aeg. There has to be something they can give to relax you. I feel so sorry for you. I have been there caring for my beautiful mother who had cancer. It's tough, it's ok to feel down and anxious. You are going through a massive thing. Much love xxxx
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Perhaps you could ask for some cognitive behavioural therapy which can work will with anxiety. Though you have every reason in the world to be feeling the way you do! It's perfectly naturally when faced with so much! Look up mindfulness techniques or guided meditation and try and give yourself a few precious minutes escape now and then. Always post for support when needed x
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Dear Aeg,

Remember.. This pain, This Phase too shall pass...

One day at a time, I can see you are very anxious, but you know what, Anxiety is just like a Wound, the more you pick on it, the Longer it takes to heal.

When you feel down, remember to create time for yourself, You are a Good person and you will require to Relax every time you dedicate this time to yourself.

This is when you should not let the sad things in your life bother you. Use this time to Focus on the Fact that your husband is going to takke good treatment and he will need your strength as well. You have us with you to rest on as well.

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Thank you so much, you are right what you say. It's putting it into practice which is the hard bit! Life is so tough at the mo, can't see any light at the end of the tunnel yet. Xx
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I don't know how to really help although I feel for you so much my nana is exactly the same my grandad got cancer and she started losing weight he went into dove house and she started losing intrest in everything feeling ill all the time and unfortunately she still is not right now panic attacks have kicked in and she is slowly now returning to normal you are in no rush this is really normal everybody copes with things differently and you have done the right thing getting help you need all the support you can make sure to let family know exactly how you are feeling the worst thing to do is hide it away friends family everybody who is close need to support you as much as they can you are definitely dealing with it in a way your body needs to my nana was 14 stone in size 12-14 she now is a size 8 everybidy is diffrent take every day as it comes you are very strong xxx
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Sound a like you are going through a most horrendous time, I went through very similar sensations when my husband had a heart valve replaced followed by complications....the anxiety is almost unbearable. Perhaps you can get in touch with McMillan or Marie Curie....they may be able to offer some support or advice...Am sure there must be something available to help you....my heart goes out to you....being a carer can be so frightening...thinking of you....keep posting...this site is very supportive.....J
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Dear Anne,

Hope You and your husband are doing fine,

One day at a time, Take things one day at a time, this will help.

If youre feeling low or down, don't worry, things can only get better, Remember that.

Have a nice and relaxing weekend with your husband.

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up