Weight up and down

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi

I've been experiencing weight up then down, and I'm sure the weight loss is due to anxiety and Google didn't help that ?? And I get scared and loose my appetite.

Anyone relate?

0 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

• Posted

Yes I go through this. It is due to changes in our hormones which result from anxiety and stress. When this nightmare began for me it was about two and a half years ago. I had just had my second child at age 39. Right after post partum I went straight into peri menopause. I went from 160lbs to 135lbs in about 3 months. I was sure I had some terrible disease! But I had a physical and got good reports. But then I read here on the forum that this can happen during peri. And yes there are times when I couldn't eat and sometimes still can't. At one point I dropped all the way down to 127lbs which did not look good on me at all. People that knew me were so worried and were talking about me, especially at my church. But now my weight hovers around 140ish and I'm okay with that. I would like to see more meat in some areas but I'm content for now.

• Posted

I have suffered weight loss in my nine years of peri on and off.

I suffer extreme nausea at times and can't eat a thing.

So fed up with it now x

• Posted

That is bad too horrible however I feel better when I eat so weight loss is not my problem unfortunately
    • Posted

Yes I get anxiety and can't eat and then I was dumb and googled then I was more anxious. It's been a rough week ??

• Posted

Yes I had a stage of weight loss and nausea due to having gastitis in peri to increased reflux etc but now I have gained abit of weight x
    • Posted

What did you take to cure your gastritis? I have been prescribed Omeprazole. I think it has helped for the most part but am interested in trying non pharmaceutical methods.
    • Posted

I was put on Omeprezole for a while but in the end it caused worst symptoms than before by giving me alot of gas and discomfort so was put on zantac for the rest of the time. It took a few months to totally clear and I didnt have any caffeine, alcohol or fatty spicy foods! X
    • Posted

I was put on Omeprezole which after a while caused more symptoms than the gastitis, so went on to zantac along with cutting alcohol, caffeine fatty and spicy foods, it took some time to clear x
    • Posted

Thank you. I don't drink alcohol eat spicy foods and have two cups of tea a day. No coffee. I have gone back on the lansaprazole

But I'm sure they make the nausea worse. Are you drug free for it now. I've only had two periods the last eight months been in peri nine years. The nausea acid bouts seem to be getting longer and worse x

• Posted

Hi. Do you take the lanzaprazole first thing in the morning half an hour before food. That seems to be the best time to take it to avoid stomach upset. Same with omeprazole.
    • Posted

Yes I do but I've only lasted a couple of days on it. I don't seem to give it long enough to get passed the side effects. This nausea is awful x

• Posted

You may get some tips or help on the lanzaprazole forum? Hope you get some relief soon x
    • Posted

I have been nauseous and sick at my stomach for four straight days all day. It is driving me insane.c.f. I am gassy and have reflux today. I just want it all to stop!
    • Posted

I'm about I'm about to cry. I'm just trying to get through the rest of the workday. It's always a challenge. Hang in there!

• Posted

You too hun. Been living this peri nightmare for nine years. Since my periods have got less the nausea seems to be getting worse. Praying you feel better soon x
    • Posted

I'm getting both those with the nausea which is causing me not to want to eat ??

• Posted

Dear Michelle

Yes I am drug free now, I eat and drink pretty much normally again now, although having a small hiatas hernia I still get bouts of heartburn if I eat too much of the wrong stuff. I am in menopause now, had ovaries out last year due to family history, but I was entering menopause anyway x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.