Weird

Posted , 11 users are following.

i have 2 strange symptoms that i am unsure if they are peri related or if there is something totally different going on. my sacroiliac joint is constantly inflammed and is sensitive to touch, rubbing, etc. chiropractor told me she could tell it was inflamed. also my eyesight has not just gotten blurrier but I'm much more sensitive to light. Can anyone relate to either of these symptoms???

0 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I can relate to you eye problem. My eyes have gotten very bad. Light bothers me, I have blurry vision and a bunch of floaters like spider webs.

I have not seen a chiropractor but my joints have been acting out.

• Posted

I have had this joint pain early on in perimenopausal, although at the time I did not realise it was a symptom. definitely have suffered with deteriorating eyesight.

• Posted

This sacroiliac pain is how my symptoms started 3 years ago. I felt as though my hip was totally out of line and the pain came from my sac joint. I went to see various chiropractors thinking that I had somehow knocked it out of place. They all said there was inflamation in the joint but did also say that you would of noticed if you had somehow knocked your SI joint out as it takes an awful of pressure. The pain was unbearable. I went to my gp & got an xray - nothing! Eventually Ii was referred to see a consultant physio who deals primarily in hips, backs & knees. He did all the muscle strenght tests & said there was nothing wrong with my muscles. He said its probably my hormones & told me to get blood tests for menopause. He said he sees so many fit & health women come to him & explain that they suddenly cant walk due to hip pains. I got tested, I was in peri but I had not even thought about the menopause. My estrogen levels were on the floor. I had a discussion about hrt & my gp & I agreed I would go on it. After just 2 weeks of being on the hrt tablets (elleste duet conti) I was feeling great. No pain at all, anywhere.

I'm not saying that hrt is the answer to your problems, but my god, it worked in an instant for me. Go & speak to your doc. Good luck. x

• Posted

Yes Sensitivity to light was symptom of peri and still in menpause plus migraine auras too, oh and dry eyes!

• Posted

Hello yes i start to loose part of my vision, like part of what i see is blank and then it usually starts with a c shape which is like a colourful prism, some people say like zig zag shapes, this usually lasts for about twenty minutes then it subsides, sometimes followed by a dull headache, sometimes not. If you you tube migraine auras it will show you

• Posted

Thats ok, try not to worry, i know it's hard but i have been having them on and off for a couple of years now x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.