Weird Aches/Pains

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hey guys! I'm really getting sick of these weird pains I've been having. Now, I've always had the chest pains, but they're more frequent, even when I'm not having really bad anxiety or a panic attack. I get pains in my arms, especially my upper arms. I get these pains in my neck, generally on the sides. I also, get the pains around my temples/sides of my head. It feels like there's pressure around my temples more often now. I used to mostly get that when I was having a panic attack or something. Please help!! It's driving me crazy.

0 likes, 9 replies

Report / Delete

9 Replies

• Posted

The pain comes even without an attack including chest pain.  Sure, you can't just say is anxiety so you need to check with your Doc.
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Get checked to be safe, but it's probably nothing serious. I had chest, neck, back, and abdomen pains for around 3 years because of anxiety. It's nothing to stress about, but it's better to get checked to be safe. Don't let it drive you crazy.
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi Kayla, I've recently have been having the same symptoms you're having. I was getting a lot of pressure and pain on the sides of my head, so I went to the doctor. She gave me a shot and medicine and it helped a lot. You might want to see your doctor and see if there is anything he can give you for some relief. I also have been having chest pains. It's like a sharp pain in the left side of my chest which makes it hard for me to breath. I've had EKGs and everything done and I'm fine. So I'm sure it's your anxiety. But you still might want to make an appointment so you can talk to him about it. But I've noticed that if I just take slow deep breaths and drink water some of the tension from the anxiety goes away.
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I only ever had the pressure when I was having a panic attack, 98% of the time, so it's strange that it's happening WITHOUT a panic attack. It does almost bring me down to that level, though. I feel like I can't enjoy life, because I'm always so anxious. I went to the ER last month, because I was having trouble breathing, accompanied with chest pains. I was already having a full-blown panic attack, but I wanted to get it checked out, because I was scared. I just started my monthly the day before. The pressure comes around when I start now. I never used to have that problem... But anyways, I got an EKG done, a chest x-ray, blood tests done, a urinalysis done, & they said I was perfectly healthy. All they said was that it was anxiety. I have an appointment on the 19th, so I hope I get everything figured out.
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

You can have chest pain, breathing problems and get dizzy with just anxiety an no attack.  It can be a daily problem as well. ;-(  Start by Controlling your breathing and things will start to get better. Fear is the problem, and maybe food so start with that. ;-)
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Don't we all.;-)  Specially Pizza and Paste.  But reducing or eliminating some food for a couple of weeks will help you know if food is part of the problem.  Start by eliminating Gluten, then after 2 weeks start again and se how you feel. The same with Dairy products.   Food is actually part ( if not all) of the problem on 90% of the cases.
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Always get the standard exam with your doctor. But what you described is a concrete classic symptoms of a panic attack. You without a doubt hyperventilate. Learn to properly breathe using your belly. Mindfullness breathing. If yiu breathe orooerly deep belly breathes. Inhale belly exoands..exhale belly flattens. Sloe and steady breathes. That will alleviate some of the intensity of the symptoms. 
    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up