Weird Anxiety Fears??

Posted , 4 users are following.

In October, I was put on Gabapentin and it made my pulse sky rocket too 100-140 and stay there for around 2 weeks straight, all day (Had an ECG/blood work and they all came back clear). Ever since then, my anxiety moved from horrible OCD to even worst health anxiety. Now I have a really big fear of death (I'm a healthy teenager so idk why I'm scared of this exactly). For around 2-3 weeks, I have not been able to sleep. I'll go a full 24+ hours without sleeping and then sleep for 4-6 hours and repeat every other day. I developed a fear of dying in my sleep now and whenever I wake up in the middle of the night, I have this overall state of just fear and dread. I feel like I woke up because I'm dying and it's the worst feeling imaginable. It usually scares me enough to where I don't go back to bed. Along with all of that, I have this fear that I'm losing control and one day, I'll kill myself without actually wanting too? It's completely irrational but it runs through my head when I panic. Also, the tops of my arms (biceps) feel very weak lately and the back of my neck/head feels tense. Anyone get anything similar to any of these fears/symptoms? I feel like there could be something wrong with my brain/muscles and along with all that, I've been in and out of doctors for having constant stomach pain for 3-4 weeks. I feel like a complete mess. rolleyes Feedback would be really nice and it really helps me. Thank you!

0 likes, 8 replies

Report / Delete

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi I also have fears of doing things that I don't want to. I started off with health anxiety, but now I suspect I have a type of ocd. The tense neck sounds like it could be due to the constant worry and lack of sleep. Have you considered going to see a counsellor just to talk things through with someone, I found this really helps for me as I find it hard to tell family members what I'm going through 
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I actually was just approved for this new therapist so in like a week, I should be seeing a new psychologist and psycharitrist because my old ones weren't doing the right things for me. I'm really happy about being able to talk to someone again and get my medicine regulated.  I hope your OCD type of things settle down, I know OCD can be extremely difficult to cope with
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

That's good news, yeah I think talking to someone who can understand really helps make you understand where these worry a and thoughts are coming from. Yeah hope your anxiety settles down as well. I didn't even consider that I might have OCD, until someone on here mentioned it and I researched it and it sounded exactly like what I was experiencing 
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

i hate the feeling of dread and gloom its the worst im actually feeling it right now along with the stupid derealization rolleyes

i feel like something bad is gonna happen

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Same! I just woke up and I was panicking so bad cause I thought I was dying. Then I made some confort food and am making some tea and watching YouTube and I'm starting to feel a bit better. My arms are feeling really weak though and it's starting to concern me but I know I'm not at risk for stroke or what not. It just seems like anxiety can't do that to our arms. I hope you feel better. I know it's hard. Try watching a funny movie or playing a video game.
      Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up