Weird bowel incident

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hello ladies,

I hope all of you are staying safe during this quarantine. Have any of you experienced this pain under your left breast where your rib cage starts that kind of pulses. Then when I passed gas it subsided and when I went to use the bathroom my poop was a dark greenish color. Has this happened to any of you? Have you had green colored poop before? I did have green beans last night. I don't know if that had anything to do with it. It was alarming to say the least and now my anxiety is on the rise. I made a video appointment with my GP for tomorrow and will discuss this with her of course. Just thought it was so bizarre.

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Edited

Hi

Yes its alarming with all these symptoms. I get left rib pains too. Left arm pain . And gas as well. As for the greenish poop i get different coloured stool depending what you are eating. Greenish colour if i eat spinach. Beans, moringa leaves. Purples stool if i eat betroot.

So try not to worry about it. I know with menopause we worry 2000 times more than normal.

• Edited

I have a feeling this might be connected to gall bladder, but I thought that was on the right hand side.

Do you get pain in your right shoulder blade? X

• Edited

i had left arm pain for over a year now, before that i had frozen shoulder. maybe you have a pulled muscle your estrogen levels or iron. but check with your doctor to be on the safe side

• Edited

Hi Sharcerv5....

Fun isn't it?!. Yep...since I've been on this side of women's hormonal journey I have seen green poop. Yes very scary! Usually means a tummy bug or could be iron supplements. Also could be what you've eaten recently....dark leafy greens will do that to you especially if your body is not used to them. However grape soda will turn it neon green...I speak from experience!🤣 My first thought was gallbladder because I've through that too, but it usually is felt on the right side. But I'm sure you've had your e-visit by now so I pray all is well.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.