WEIRD BREATHING?

Posted , 8 users are following.

hi ladies,

have any of you experienced a feeling of not breathing? I know I'm breathing of course but it's almost like I have to concentrate on my breathing or I feel like I'm not breathing at all. that's the only way I know how to describe it.. it is really strange and then the anxiety kicks in and I haven't had a problem with that in a long time. I'm 51, no period since dec 2018. any insight will be greatly appreciated. hugs to all!

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

YES! Mine felt like my lungs wasn't moving in and out , like it all just stopped and I would take deep breathes. I would panic with it something horrible! The worst thing to do is stay on body alert! I dealt with the breathing issues from feeling like I'm not breathing AT ALL, and then months later fast rapid heartbeat to server heart pals, I have even had time like at store or wherever like everything in my complete body just stopped functioning I would try to swallow to try and get it back (no was not eating or drinking) and panic set in like a Pitbull attack and I couldn't swallow I would get out of that store fast and then for some weird reason I was better after leaving but had to fight to calm myself!

• Posted

Crosado walmart did that to me. I had to leave asap leaving everything in the store. I felt like i was going to pass out/fall over. Now i order online. I refuse to go back in there.

• Posted

I also have the issue of out of the blue hard to swallow which raises my anxieties

• Posted

Walmart is EXACTLY where mine happened and it did it several times at walmart on different days! I do shopping online now too 😦 WOW is it Walmart something in there or prei.meno?

• Posted

I think you're right, anxiety kicked in when I started concentrating on why it felt like I wasn't breathing.

• Posted

Hello Susan. YES that was me. The last 3 days where hell. My breathing got so bad i went to the hospital. They took test and the test came back everything ok. I told the dr's that it could be hormone related and they looked at me like i was crazy. I was sent home and told to relax. I took the rest of the week off work because walking was difficult. Yesterday all i did was cry and lay on my sofa trying to watch movies. Even laying down i found it difficult to breath. Plus i had heavy chest, anxiety, ringing in ears, heavy jelly legs, low stiff back pain. Thank God for you ladies. Today i am feeling much better. God must have heard me crying out for him. Hang in there and hugs to you

• Posted

I am 44 and in peri and yes I KNOW exactly what you are talking about! And it raises my anxieties as well. I think its just a fluxuation in our hormones.

• Posted

hi Susane I am now 12 years post meno and just want to share that these breathing issues are all due to fluctuating hormones I used to think that I couldn't take a deep breath sometimes it was a horrible sensation that sometimes lasted for days then would disappear for a while only to return again out of the blue I was tested for everything and all tests came back completely normal it was then that my doctor said it could possibly be hormonal which is what it turned out to be ....take heart it's gets easier I had the peri and meno from hell and being post 12 years i still get the odd blip here or there but its a minor issue now so there is light at the end of that tunnel it's just very hard to see sometimes ....💖

• Posted

thank you! it is just a bit concerning when you feel like your not breathing but know that you are. I appreciate each and every one of you ladies and your response. symptoms of menopause can certainly convince you that you are dying...

• Posted

I occasionally get that but it's usually right before I get a migraine. Feels like I have to focus on my breathing like my brain's autopilot went to sleep 😃 The thing is, the more I focus on my breathing, it can bring on anxiety. I think it's best not to focus on breathing against conventional meditation practices. I recently read that taking a deep breath when anxious is NOT helpful. I can attest to that. I wear a fitbit and notice that my heart rate increases whenever I do deep breathing. Just best to focus on being "in the now" and relaxing....not on bodily things like breathing and heart rate..just freaks me out sometimes when I do that.

• Posted

I get a shortness of breath. I am not sure if this is similar. I feel like when I just go for a simple walk, I have to focus on breathing as I feel somewhat out of breath. I hope this is just the hormones. Crazy!

• Posted

hi!

this is like your breathing so shallow that you don't feel like you're breathing at all! it's crazy☹

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.