Weird day today

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hey there guys I'm Dillon I'm 20 years old and suffer from health anxiety. I'm able to cope with my symptoms but today I felt so off. I've had head discomfort all day not exactly a headache more like just discomfort in my forehead I guess pressure but it doesn't really hurt. I also have been unbalanced (at least I think I am but I could be tricking myself because if I focus I can walk correctly). I then went to the theater to see a funny movie and ate lots of popcorn and soda but no dinner. I am also nauseous right now I think from the theater. I also had a short episode of shortness of breath and a palpitation. Also typical floaters in my vision. Oh yeah and I felt very jumpy for some reason couldn't stop moving at times. Could this all be anxiety? All these symptoms in a single day??? Scared of tumor for some reason...

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

It all can be anxiety as I had very similar symptoms to you, a cpl weeks on medication and 90% of all my symptoms have went away, I also was scared of a tumer and also every pain I had was cancer or something life threatening for some reason I was at the emergency room twice and had blood work done on rack occasion and also had a regular dr appt because I didn't believe the ER and that's when I learned about anxiety and obviously didn't believe that it was even possible that I could be giving myself these symptoms it took a while to realize everything was just that, anxiety, it sucks but with medication and the right attitude I'm way better than I was and can still be better than I am so it's a process but very doable keep your head up and if you feel it's to much you can always contact your dr for a check up

• Posted

Yeah thanks that's great for you and what you've been through and you seem to be keeping up well smile . I just hate having multiple symptoms pop up at once especially when all of them can be symptoms of one illness but it's hard not to think of the worst.

• Posted

You probably got over stimulated at the movies. it's loud and a lot of visuals. it over loads ppl with anxiety especially if u also had caffeine? I always feel dizzy or off balance after movie. shortness of breath due to focusing on other symptoms.

• Posted

and floaters are normal for everyone
    • Posted

That is true, the balance problems were there before the movies but honestly I don't think balance was a problem just walking "lazily" but the movies could have triggered some of my symptoms.

• Posted

Have you gone to the dr. It sounds like anxiety symptoms and yeah when alot come at once it isn't a fun feeling that is forsure

• Posted

all familiar symptoms for me dillon.  yes anxiety and even with me reassuring you or even your doctor you'll still have doubts.  it's weird with me too...i actually had to focus on my walking because it felt my balance was so weird yet i could balance on one leg and the other and walk a straight line, etc...just fine.  it was very bad in the beginning as if i had to grab for something because i felt so unbalanced but it's gotten much better.  exercise, proper sleep and focusing on positive thoughts have helped a lot.

• Posted

Dear dillon

When I was just abit younger than you I suffered from health anxiety. I am middle aged and it passed thankfully but now in menopause it did return! I think hormones play alot with this. I had sinus trouble at your age and I thought it was a brain tumour. Sinus trouble can affect the top of your head and down your neck and I remember going from the cold to warm in a shop and having this bad pain on top of my head and I freaked out and thought the worst!!! I lost loads of weight and thought I was ill. It did make me feel off balance at times. The health anxiety did pass. The shortness of breath and palpitations does sound like abit of panic attack, try to control your breathing by slowing it down. X

• Posted

Thank you for all the responses guys, sorry went to sleep a little early, well at least tried but honestly didn't get much sleep (ugh). But upon waking up some of my symptoms have gone away just feel overall lethargic, which is probably because I didn't sleep much.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.