Weird feeling on throat, paranoic about throat cancer :(

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hey guys! I'm a 20 year old asian male, and lately my throat has been feeling so weird as if something is stuck in my throat and as if my ''Adam's Apple'' is sticking out more than usual.

I'm an hypochondriac, so I've been literally 24/7 thinking about THROAT CANCER.

My throat doesn't hurt at all, I can swallow food perfectly, I don't have hoarseness at all, but this weird feeling on my throat is really mentally stressing sad

Also my family has never had any throat cancer at all, maybe I'm just getting crazy about it?

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

High Anxiety can cause a tight or uncomfortable feeling in the throat and other physical symtoms, if your diet and oral hygiene are okay you should be just fine! smile
  • Posted

I can complete relate to what you are feeling. Although it's a strange feeing, it's all due to your anxiety. Tightness in your throat is very common in anxiety suffers. You don't have throat cancer. Just try to take your mind off of it and things will resolve soon!

• Posted

I have suffered this for years, I also had the same concerns worries as you, I find its usually when im really anxious and the more i worry about the lump feeling, the more anxious i get, and its a vicious circle.

Also do you suffer with sinus problems, I have suffered all my life with this, and i can get whats called Post nasal drip (Discussing i know!!) its the Phlem/Mucus goes down the back of throat and causes the same sensation. ??

Just a thought

But the feeling your having is very common with Anxiety Stress etc. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.