Weird head sensation

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi ladies, anyone reading my posts will know my worst meno sensations have been off balance, sore stiff neck, anxiety and low mood.

I can't remember if i've been tensing my neck or if it just happened as part of peri.  Anyway, i've been holding my neck rigid for so long now that I'm scared to move it around incase it makes me dizzy or lose my balance, I don't know how I'm going to correct this because i'm too scared to let anyone touch it

I think the symptoms have got worse since my mum passed away in January this year.  I just wanted to know if any ladies have experienced this weird sensation, I can't really explain it but here goes.  As I said I dont really turn my head left or right or look up or down, i tend to avoid this, but sometimes when acknowledging what someones saying my head kinda nods by itself not noticeable  but as if it nods on the inside which makes me feel queasy, don't know if the nausea is anxiety or part of these horrible meno symptoms, it's really weird

The sensations are causing me to suffer from panic disorder and very low mood as I can't see how I'm going to fix this

Id be grateful if anyone can relate to this and offer any reassurance

I've been on tibolone for approx 4 months

Thanks, hugs

Brenda xx

PS I had a ct scan last year on head and neck which was normal

1 like, 16 replies

16 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Brenda! I can totally relate to this. It's caused by the fluctuations in our hormones. It causes the anxiety, panic, wobbling. Feels like you can't walk straight. Some women are more sensitive to these symptoms then others ( me! ). It's horrible, scary, freaky. Very difficult to work and my job entails walking. Oh Lord!!! Hang in there, this too shall pass.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.