Weird heart stuff! Is it just anxiety?

Posted , 5 users are following.

About 4-5 months ago I got a serve sinus infection along with the worse panic attack and headache of my life. I've suffered from anxiety and panic attacks for about 7 years now, and in the past two years have been diagnosed with GAD/panic disorder. I recently found out I will need sinus surgery. Ever since I have gotten sick with this sinus stuff it seems my anxiety/panic attacks have changed symptoms. I get very weird (what feels like heart skipping) feelings, and shortness of breath. I have had an EKG and heart ultra sound done in this past year and all have been normal. My last EKG was in July/august and was normal. Not only does my doctor think I'm crazy I'm sure, but I can't get rid of these feelings. Does anyone else get these symptoms? I've been on 10-15 different meds for anxiety and not one single one helps.

1 like, 4 replies

Report / Delete

4 Replies

• Posted

Hey Sara.i have the same I was diagnosed whit gad and some panic disorder for 4 years now
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi hun,i know exactly what your going through coz the same thing is happening to me at the moment,my heart keeps feeling like its skipping beats,i get it worse at night when im resting,it always seems to happen then,my doc said theres nothing wrong with my heart and that its just the anxiety doing it,so im sure its the same 4 u hun,especially if your tests av come bk normal. X
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hi Karen how long have you had heart palps I have been having them a year it's so frightening and mine happen at any time of the day and when I rest I'm afraid to exercise etc

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi I have suffered from anxiety the last year and have heart palps and panic attacks. I have also been to the doctor and been but on anxiety medication which did calm me down but did not stop heart palps . I had the heart monitor on for 24 hours showing heart palps but he said they were nothing to worry about but of course i worry all the time
    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up