weird heart symptoms

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi, im 18 and i have been diagnosed by my doctor for health anxiety after I had severe stomach issues (no appetite, didnt sleep, couldnt walk). All tests possible done, nothing found. 

Now I have these symptoms.. I always feel like I cant breathe. Like I have to take deep breath.. i can feel my heart pounding, i cant do any activity since it becomes worse, my heart starts to race.. I always flush and feel hot in my face but thermometer says i have 35,5-36 all the time.. i have chest discomfort when moving.. doctor said its probably just back problems but my back doesnt hurt at all.. I have done blood tests for my stomach 4 months ago and I have been feeling this for 2 months. All negative. Also 4 ekgs done, nothing, slight tachycardia.. I keep getting nightmares. I wake up everyday for nightmares and racing heart.. i have terrible headaches with nausea, like i feel my brain is not getting enough oxygen. When i talk i get out of breath. Since I have anxiety diagnosed, nobody wants to make any tests anymore, doctors keep telling me to stop visiting them since the anxiety will get worse. I dont know what to do

Am i alone in this? What can I do to get better? I tried medication but it didnt affect the anxiety, I tried meditation, it helps but very minimally.. I did not try therapy but I dont have finances for it.. and I feel like it wont help, i dont know.. 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Emma, I’m so sorry to hear about your condition. You are right it’s not being anxious all the time is not fun at all I feel the same way. Eight years ago I was diagnosed with ventricular tachycardia that was not fun at all I couldn’t go anywhere I get scared all the time so three years ago I decided to have a ablation procedure and I’m happy with the result. 
  • Posted

Sounds like hyperventilation syndrome. Worth reading Dinah Bradley’s book ‘breathing pattern disorders’. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.