Weird mouth infection

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi! Im nearly 21 years old and ive come across the weirdest condition that my gp doesnt recognise, for a while id had a bad oral hygeine (having last seen a dentist in 2015) but student life swept me up and i forgot all about it, but recently id been having bleeding gums whilsy brushing, i could even press down on the front botttom gum and get it to bleed, but last week my glands and lymph nodes suddenly shot up over night, so i went to see my gp, she said firslty i had gingivitis, which was possible as all signs were there, so i was prescribed with Metronidzol 400g.

Im just about to finish the course of antibios and ive also been using Corsadyl (for a about 3 days i was using a stupidly high amount) but now my mouth is covered in canker sores, with particular pain near my wisdom teeth as the gum is all inflammed leading yo my cheeks being slightly swollen causing me to bite them constantly, i niw also have a few cranker sores to the side of my tounge and lips where i keep biting them, at first i thought it was HSV 1 but i havent developed any cold sores as of yet, i cut my lip shaving on the corner of my mouth, and thats constantly irritated as if find myself drooling in my sleep!

Does anyone know whats happening to me????

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I'd say maybe you should see a dentist, but maybe if he/she cannot help you - go to see an ENT (Ear, Nose, Throat) doctor.  Good luck; sorry you are having this pain.  It is difficult, but things are bound to get better.

• Posted

Hello, this sound awful familiar to me. My story is very similar, except I didn't go to the dentist for 4 years, and was smoking... (stupid) I finally 'woke up' to bad staining and bleeding gums and realised how bad I had treated my mouth. But your doing the right things now! Your lymph nodes may have swollen up because of a virus passing through while your body fights the infection. I would say the canker sores are due to excessive use of Corsodyl. Although it fights the infection it also contains a few chemicals in that can irritate the soft tissue of the mouth and contribute to your mouth becoming dry, especially at night. I never used it right before I went to bed because I would wake up with a very weirdly sore, dry mouth. These could all be sights of stress as well as lowered immune system. Make sure your getting your proper vitamins and minerals, and don't stress. See a dentist and they will give your teeth and proper clean, which will help your gums to heal, as the dentist will clean off the hardened plaque that won't brush away with a regular toothbrush or mouthwash. And don't worry! Being stressed can effect your gums, making them more sensitive and inflamed! I know the feeling, so I'm booked and emergency appointment with my dentist. They saw me within a couple days.

Goodluck, and keep up with the oral hygiene from now on - we all need this rude wake up call sometimes!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.