Weird night..

Posted , 4 users are following.

So last night was definitely weird.. I have (what the doctors think) labyrinthitis, and my obvious anxiety. I've been dizzy off and on all day and when I wasn't I was anxious/depressed. I went to lay down in bed and watch a movie. I started to get tired so I closed my eyes and then fell asleep for a couple seconds. I kept waking up anxious and dizzy. My eyes would focus for a few then go in and out. Focus then blurry, focus then blurry. I would get super tired and then doze of for a few minutes and I would wake up doing the same thing. This went on for a couple hours then I finally got to sleep. I woke up this morning and I just feel eh. Kind of sick to my stomach and anxious. Scared of what was happening last night I guess. I didn't take anything for it, so I'm guessing it's just my anxiety and the basic dizziness from labyrnith. Anyone else ever deal with that?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

You just described the same night that I had and it happens a few times a month for me. My doctors have done nothing about my constant dizziness and everytime I get dizzy I start to panic. After my eyes start to get blurry its almost like the muscle in my eye "jumps" and then my vision goes back to normal.  I hope that you feel better soon. Remember- you are not alone.

• Posted

Yeah, that's pretty much exactly how it is. I wish there was a way I could stop it. Plus every morning I feel like I can't wake up. Groggy, and drugged up kind of feeling. Kind of like all I want to do is sleep and when I close my eyes its like my mind is in overtime going insane over everything and anything.
  • Posted

I have trouble in the morning also. It takes a good 4 hours for me to wake up- and thats only if the anxiety has not caused a frenzy. i have been trying to go to bed early and its helping some. I also make myself take a vitamin and have a bottle of water in the morning. I contribute the groggy feeling to the anxiety. Its like my brain has trouble putting my thoughts together. Everything gets all mixed up. Does that make any sense? lol
  • Posted

I have suffered with the dizziness for many years on and off. Finally been given something for it... What a difference.... I have my life back!
  • Posted

Hello Lockerby

Labyrinthitis is horrible......I actually keeled over in my garden, and thought my end had come.  Then I would get an awful buzzing in my left ear, and my head would sort of shake/vibrate with it until the buzzing stopped, whilst feeling dizzy with it as well.

I was on meds for it, and it took about 6-8 weeks to clear up.  What a relief when it did clear!    Good Luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.