Weird, Scary Pains & A Severe Panic Attack

Posted , 2 users are following.

I haven't been on here, in a while, but I would like to get some input on this. I'm freaking out! My chest and head have been feeling weird. I can't seem to get over these feelings, but I don't want to go to the ER again over this, if it's just anxiety again...

I've been having really bad headaches everyday, and these aren't my normal headaches that I used to have every single day. My head sometimes, feels like there's pressure all over and I get tingling sensations on my head, especially around my forehead and around my temple. That stuff hasn't been scaring me as much as the sharp pains I've been getting around my forehead and temple, as well. They're accompanied by some neck pain, too.

I've been having chest pain that seems to stay in the middle of my chest, and I know this is TMI, but around my boobs, in the middle of my chest, too. Sometimes it hurts to breathe, when that happens.It's gotten so bad that I've had trouble sleeping.

I went to the ER in Tallahassee, Florida, sometime close to January. They ran an ECG and took an x-ray of my lungs. They also, did blood work and a urinalysis. Everything came back perfect! Now, I've been having anxiety badly, off and on. I always have some anxiety, but on a scale of 1 to 10, it's usually no higher than 4. I thought I was getting better, but for the past few days, my anxiety has been through the roof.

I'm 18-years old and got grounded. Plus, I'm trying to find a job and get my GED (got behind in a Christian private school that did things in a retarded manner). I don't know if any of that has anything to do with my anxiety getting worse again, after I JUST started feeling much better within a week. That's good for me, by the way, because I was having at least, one anxiety attack per day.

On Sunday, right as church service was ending, I had to use the bathroom. I didn't realize I had to, until then. Which was weird. But anyways, I was washing my hands, when I looked in the mirror and started getting blurred vision. I chalked it up to not sleeping at all, the night before. I literally, was running low on fumes, pretty much...

When I came out, it got worse and I could hardly keep my balance. I started getting a rapid heartbeat, couldn't see well, and could barely THINK. That's how bad it was! I thought that that was it; I was going to die. I don't think I've experienced an anxiety attack quite like that one... It was like all of my anxiety attacks, combined. Basically.

My friend's grandma was taking forever to leave, even after she said we were leaving. I felt so bad, but I REALLY wanted to get home and sleep. Y'know? Things looked like they were spinning, and I felt like I was in a dream or something.

And when we got outside, I was RUSHING to the van to get home. I couldn't wait. Again, I felt bad. Just terrible... As soon as we were leaving, I felt slightly better, but things sounded like they kind of echoed and half of my vision was blurry, like I was looking out of some pretty clear water, but it wasn't completely clear in some spots. I'm having a hard time explaining that. I've had that vision problem one time, when I hadn't ate that day, and I had a migraine that followed it, right as the vision problem went away.

Along with everything else, I was having the same head pressure, accompanied with sharp pains around my forehead and temple. I had the chest pain and trouble breathing, as well...

Please, if anyone could help me out here. I'm sorry if I sound like I'm overreacting. Well, it's because I kinda am freaking out!

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Sounds like a panic attack. 
    • Posted

I just didn't know that the blurriness could get so BAD, though. I mean, the last time I had the distorted-like vision like that, it wasn't as severe.
    • Posted

Yeah it's a panic attack they seem different everytime don't they I guess if they were the same all the time we wouldn't fear it as much I hate them I feel like I'm gonna black out sad
    • Posted

I feel like you shouldn't be getting such bad headaches with them, though.
    • Posted

If so, I get them several times a day.
    • Posted

most likely the stress is bringing them on sad
    • Posted

I had a bad headache last night and one time I had a headache lasting over a month straight weird it was probably stress

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.