Weird Shaving Bump

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have a little bump in my pubic area where I shave and it's been there about 2 months. I tried to pop it and it scabbed over and it's pretty much healed but it is still dark and has a little bump that I can't pop. I just want to know if I should be worried

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

It possible could be ingrown hair. Shaving can cause it as skin grows over the hair before it canfrow out causing ingrown hair.
  • Posted

Sounds exactly like an ingrowing hair. Often occur in shaved areas. The darkness is the hair growing under the skin and probably curling into a tiny ball which is the lump. The hair often suddenly appears as it emerges from the skin. If it becomes infected  then apply a flannel soaked in very hot water and it should eventually disperse and you will see the hair growing in the middle. Otherwise just leave alone.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.