Weird swelling post-circumcision

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi there,

I 'm a 21 year-old male who had a circumcision for phimosis four days previous. So far, my recovery has been going fairly well, aside from inevitably painful erections at night. I do, however, have an odd fluid swelling on the underside of the penis that has been present for the past 2/3 days. My surgeon advised me to expect "swelling" post-op, but I'm not sure if this is what constitutes normal swelling or not. The swelling itself is mobile, painless and isn't hot at all. There are no signs of infection that I can tell, aside from some redness. I have no issues voiding, am on no medications and have no other medical conditions.

Here's a photo. Any advice would be much appreciated. Not sure whether this is normal and to just leave it until it goes away or whether to seek an opinion from my GP. 😃

Thanks in advance for the help!

image!

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

If you penis is still the same as in the photo I would go to a walk-in health center - many hospitals now have an Urgent Care Center, rather than just an A&E department ......

In my experience the vast majority of Phimosis cases can be resolved without circumcision .....

• Posted

Hi there Wee,

Thanks for your reply. So, you're saying that you're concerned enough by the picture and the information I gave that I should seek a second opinion?

My circumcision was done after experiencing difficulty for a number of years and trying a number of conservative treatments, and was done based on the best advice of the consultant urologist and my own feelings about what should be done 😃 . Despite this minor complication, I'm glad I went ahead with it.

• Posted

So, I went to the nearby A&E - figured if something was going to be done, they were going to admit me to do it anyway. However, the doctor said that because of the location of the penis anatomically, fluid there drains slower than perhaps other parts of the body might, and as such he wasn't too concerned about the swelling. I was advised to give it another a week, and if it doesn't disappear by then, to seek advice from my GP. Case resolved! 😃

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.