Weird symptom

Posted , 5 users are following.

When my cycle started on Sunday I had this weird tingling sensation (in my upper chest area right where my neck ends and my clavicle begins) when I eat. Sometimes I would feel it in my neck and arm on the left side. Then it felt like my food wasn't going down all the way, like something was stuck in my chest. Has anyone else experienced any of this before? 

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Sharcerv,

I don't get the tingling, but I do feel like I'm having spasms in my esophagus and then I get bad indigestion. I get it regularly but didn't start getting it until my periods started fluctuating so I'm assuming it's all part of peri...fun fun

• Posted

OMG, just like every day of my life....I have been dealing with this for the past 5 months...tons of test later the docs have nothing...just had blood test for my hormones..but yes everytime I eat it feels like the food is stuck in my chest like bad indigestion..it is so uncomfortable and I am so depressesd about it.
  • Posted

Well how strange! I just thought it was me shovelling grub down my

throat (you know, the week before the dreaded P, when you eat for Britain - even foods you'd never normally eat!) like its my last meal! Only last

night I was thinking that I'm going to have to eat very small mouthfuls

from now on to avoid that 'gagging' feeling. Coincidentally on Monday

night I felt like I had terrible, crushing indigestion on my first mouthful -

like I'd taken in a massive gulp of air and created an air block. My poor

son's face - he cold see his inheritance in grasping distance - sorry son

To burst ya bubble :-) !!

Been reading a lot about acid reflux causing sore throat/ asthma-type

cough - maybe these symptoms are connected?? Have to check my

Diet that's for sure.

Have you put on weight in tummy area? I believe this is to be expected.

Wonder if any weight gain is causing these symptoms - just like we were told to expect acid reflux when pregnant.

I'm convinced God wasn't keen on women. Its like he thought: "If we can't get em' by tuning them completely nuts at menopause - we'll try to choke them, that'll do the job!".

( Typing this message on a Tablet and for some reason it keeps breaking words.....Urghh, as if I need another reason to launch something across the room !!!!!)

Merry Christmas to you, and maybe I'll also take my an advice: Less is

More, food wise!:-)

• Posted

No i haven't put on weight. In fact, I have lost some since period symptoms set in.

I don't believe God is anti-women. It is just our cross to bear I guess. 

My doctor put me on omaprezole for the indigestion and it was working at first but now it doesn't seem to be helping. Don't know if I need to switch to something else or up my dosage. This is all so crazy. All I want to do is be able to sit down and eat without feeling uncomfortable.  Ugh!

• Posted

I meant I lost weight since peri symptoms set in not period.  Lol!
    • Posted

Its funny you said that about the weight loss...I am down under 100 pounds and docs can't figure out why. I eat three healthy meals a day and snack in between meals, I just dont eat after 8pm. I didn't realize weight loss could be  a symptom of peri, thought it was only weight gain - maybe I'm not dying after all lol
    • Posted

I thought the same thing, that I was dying too. But apparently weight loss is a symptom of peri that you don't hear about. I lost weight because sometimes it's hard to eat with tummy troubles brought on by peri. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.