Posted , 3 users are following.

Not bad eh? wink

5 likes, 33 replies

33 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Yep pretty cool :-)
  • Posted

not sure, just taken me forever to sign in!!
  • Posted

Yeah Vixen,, signing in goes around in circles, especially when doing it whilst trying to reply sad
  • Posted

Hi guys - we are aware of the issues and are looking to resolve these asap. Please bear with us! Thanks, Ben
  • Posted

There is currently a problem when trying to change the password on here! also issues posting.
  • Posted

Hello - we have implemented a fix to this issue so you can now login, post, change your password etc. Many apologies for the technical issues experienced as part of the rollout - please do let us know any ideas/feedback using the link top right. Cheers, Ben
  • Posted

When I came back to the forum later I had to sign in again, is this correct? as I have my browser settings to accept the cookies for this site.
  • Posted

I wonder which particular cookie is the one that dictates whether I need to sign in again.

Some say in around 20 mins later, and others say at end of session etc.

• Posted

Hi - yes this is correct: the login session expires after 20 minutes of inactivity, or when you close your browser. After the session has expired you will need to log in again. This is seen as best practice for security reasons. So if you go away from the forums for a while, you will need to log in again.

Cheers

Ben

• Posted

I can be on the forum for only a minute, but once I do a 'search' for anything, I have to log in again. It forgets who I am.

I too have my browser (FF-9) set to accept cookies. This is the only forum I visit where it does not remember me.

• Posted

I take it you have your browser set to accept cookies?
  • Posted

RickF,

Ooops, sorry, I just noticed you already said your browser is set to accept them.

Have you tried to delete all your temp cookies and cache?

• Posted

RickF,

Ooops, sorry, I just noticed you already said your browser is set to accept them.

Have you tried to delete all your temp cookies and cache?

Yes,

I clean out temp files, cache, etc often. I have CCleaner that I use regularly.

I'm trying this site for the first time using our iPad to see if it will remember me. We'll see. I'll post back one way or the other.

• Posted

Ok,

The iPad use seems to work ok in that the site remembers me (insert smiley face here). But I don' often use the iPad for forum posting as typing with it is not its forte. You can't touch type but more like "hunt and peck".

Thought...

Maybe there's something with the forum that doesn't like FireFox 9? I was forced to up grade to this for other reasons... And I sure don't like IE too much anymore. Tha browser used on iPads (all I think) is Safari.

RickF

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.