Posted , 3 users are following.

Not bad eh? wink

5 likes, 33 replies

33 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Well, the iPad remembered one time, but not the next time. :-(
  • Posted

Hi RickF - the reason it worked the first time on iPad and not the second is that the login session expires after 20 minutes of inactivity. After that period, if you havent replied/posted/read stuff, you are automatically logged out.

Today we have upgraded the session expiry to 1 hour, so this should help if you are active on the forums. If you check in twice a day or so, you will still need to login again as the 1 hour session expiry will kick in after 1 hour of being inactive.

There is an idea in the feedback tool which is to add a 'remember me' function which keeps you logged in permanently. If this gets enough votes, we will plan it as a new feature in the next release.

Cheers

Ben

• Posted

Good idea of lengthening the relevant cookie to one hour.

I would certainly give my vote to the keep me logged in permanently option, unless manually logged out that is.

• Posted

foss99,

Just logged in and checked the _utmb cookie and it still had the 20 min session.

• Posted

Hi mr9000 - the _utmb cookie isnt to do with the session. The session one is a temporary cookie with a random string, that is set each time you log in. Hopefully the 1 hour boost is making things easier!
  • Posted

foss99,

I received an email note and when I click to view the comment there was nothing to see but the first comment, have they all been deleted?

• Posted

That's weird, as soon as I posted the rest on this thread appeared.
  • Posted

fossi99,

I think you may be mistaken when you say that about the utmb cookie.

They are used to track approximately how long you stay on a site: when a visit starts, and approximately ends (c expires quickly). If you look at cookie state changes you will see these change regularly.

And this would tie in with what I saw when I looked at the cookie in Firefox and it still had the 20 minute limit.

• Posted

As you can see the new updates have been rolled out cheesygrin
  • Posted

Smilies, the ability to upload an Avatar, some basic text formating abilities (with a preview), posts are now ordered by reply date, post / reply page numbering now appears at the top of the page rather than just the bottom, a rudimentary profile page showing join data, post count and a user definable 'About me' section,, there might be more I haven't discovered yet biggrin
  • Posted

Oh :[ Some minor design changes, the date and time a post / reply was made, a user option to remain logged in indefinitely (rather than just the 30 mins or whatever), update your Profile by clicking the 'Profile' link above (next to the 'Sign out' link) smile
  • Posted

Hi House,

Just wanted to ask something about the user option to remain logged in indefinitely.

If the box for this is ticked does this mean it will keep the user signed in just for that session only, or if were to turn off the computer and go back on again would there be a need to sign in again?

• Posted

If you tick the box whilst signing in you won't have to sign in again for a long time, maybe for 6 months or longer smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.