well i hope ill get a list of what to take in for hysterectomy ...any tips !!;

Posted , 5 users are following.

Well I'm due to go I on Fri 9th for this tah ..what will I need to take in with me that ill need or forget x

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Big knickers.you want the waistband way above your wound for comfort.

Bottled water and plenty of it, when the nurses where busy my bottled water was a god send.

face wipes and cleanding wipes with a roll on deodrsnt,

I couldnt get out if bed for 2 dsys due to catheter and wound drain so these were refreshing.

GOOD LUCK xxxx

• Posted

Hi Denise

I'm due in on Friday 9th Jan for TAH also!

Funnily enough, I just went upstairs to start trying to pack, and although I had a list, it seemed to me like I will need two bags, one for on the day with basics such as dressing gown, slippers, pads etc, and one for the next day and onwards, with ipod, phone, chargers, nighty, magazines etc, but I must confess I'm not really sure.  Are you going into a general ward or a side ward on your own do you know?

xxxKathy

• Posted

Yes Kathy I'm going into a private hospital ..but having it done nhs ..so I will have own room etc ..im off to hosp at 3 today for all the pre admission. .im really not looking forward. To this at all booo x
    • Posted

Will you be home again before your op, or do you stay in from now until your op?  Did they say how long you  might be in for?

Thinking of you.

I'm not looking forward to it either.

xxx

• Posted

Hi Kath .im home and will be till Fri ..ive been de-blooded..blood pressed..checked for mrsi ..and weighed ..them bloody fibroids got some weight in them lol booo diet starts after I'm fit ..saw some lovely pre admission. Nurses ..dud tell the woman doing my blood I didn't want the one with the slapped arse looking after me lol ..although she said she's really nice ..should be looked after really well and got great doctors etc etc ..im going to be staying in the rivers hospital ..so feeling slightly. More positive but could all changed. ..bp bit high for me as its normally. Perfect ..think the nerves are kicking in xx
  • Posted

Hi Denise lm going in tomorrow for my op same as u didn't have a clue but lucky for me my daughter works as a daycase nurse and gave me advice leggings r a must for comfort no pyjamas nightie much better told me bring own pads cos will bleed a little and hospital ones are big general toiliteries thats about it lm only staying overnight hopefully lol good luck fingers crossed should be posting updates Thursday lol xx
    • Posted

All the best. Lovely ..how come one night bit jammy ??.. Think my surgeon. Going to try lapro now first see if that works ..good luck hun x
    • Posted

Yes Denise, I'll second that.  My surgeon is also going to try keyole first.  I have been told I could be in for as long as 5 - 7 days.  What have they told you about the length of stay in hospital?

xxKathy

• Posted

Hi don't know why I will be in one night that's what I've been told also my friend had hers done two years ago and only stayed over night just on my way now nerves kicking in lol xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.