well i hope ill get a list of what to take in for hysterectomy ...any tips !!;

Posted , 4 users are following.

Well I'm due to go I on Fri 9th for this tah ..what will I need to take in with me that ill need or forget x

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi Denise,

Your final pre op appointment is the place to ask, but you will need PJ's, slippers, books to keep you occupied. They may advise sanitary towels for any post op bleeding..and I would advise joggers to go home in, you will want comfortable and loose clothing. I still cannot tolerate jeans 4 weeks post op..I arranged visitors, so that I could keep up my morale..you will sleep lots anyway, and rest, but I took my PC tabet in, to keep in touch with the outside world, and read the news etc whilst I was resting up..I hope all go's well..

• Posted

do not forget toiletries and tissues. Also chargers for your phone/tablet. Does your hospital charge for the tv? if so monney for that. Your robe and maybe some fruit sweets to suck?
    • Posted

Thanks ladies ..yep got all those logged in lol ..not sure about WiFi ..i have a new hudl2 hubby got me for Xmas so that will be keeping me occupied with all my outside friends lol..im going to be in a private room ( get me ) perks if nhs and thus being on my list of hospitals..dont know if a good thing or not as I'm a peoples person and probably. Be better off with them ..but then if I feel like **** ill be better on own 😐 ..plenty of magazines. To flick through ..dont think books best ..probably. Won't be in the concentrating mood 😵..will ask lots today ..been feeling great last few weeks ..last 2 days mega low pain weeing loads (possibly. Nerves ) and woke up in a awful sweat ...hope this is not an infection be just my luck !! Xx
    • Posted

I had my paid private and Iam like you love to talk to people. So I did miss that because I was in my own room TV own bathroom and nice food lol not that I did eat much. But I did miss the people. If I could of gone on a ward I would of. But I needed to gave my op ASAP as it was taking over my life. So that's why I went private. 

Hope that helps samx

• Posted

It maybe nerves but they will check for infection if you ask them too. I myself was convinced I had a chst infection it was only nerves though. Ask away if you need too
  • Posted

Make sure you take big pants that are bigger then your usely size. Because you do swell up ans don't won't nothing on your scar.go for nighty s then pj's they are more comfortable. Ans to come home I put on a long loose dress. Take a couple of flannels they are good to help you wash because it's very hard work just to have a wash I sat on a chair to wash myself.

Good luck with your op let us no how you get on

Samx

• Posted

Thanks ladies ..i take it you ate all doing well now after your ops ..all ok xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.