Well still waiting for smear results.

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello all vented on here about a week ago about waiting for smear results, just need too vent some more , not sure how much more I can cope with waiting as I said before keep thinking some thing is wrong because haven't had a test for quiet a few years so I rang where they do the smear tests near me and was told they don't give out results to patients only to the doctors 😡😡I then said its my smear but got no where ,,, am crying here because my brother died a few day ago and feeling close to a break down waiting have to fly for his funeral on Thursday and would have loved to not have this at the back of my mind 😪 Just needed to get it out of my system . 

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

try not too worry too much you have enough on your plate with your brothers funeral. Im sure if soemthing showed they would have been in touch with you. My last routine smear  result was back within a week, it scared the life out of me when i saw the letter, luckily everything was fine just a very quick turn around of results.
    • Posted

Thank you pudds for your kind words it's been two weeks today but that sounds the going time even it's good or bad to what people are saying on here 🤔

• Posted

the nurse that did mine said about 4 weeks, thats why i panicked. I do think they rush them through if there is a problem.

• Posted

Hi , ok that's even longer , will let you know when mine comes . 🙏

• Posted

So very sorry for the loss of your brother Ann??? This is all you need right now. You have every right to know YOUR test results! Are you kidding me? Demand it, its your right to know what's going on your body. Sometimes these doctors really P---S me off.

• Posted

Thank you Coleen , that's what I said yesterday 😡 I'm hoping maybe today I here something !! .

• Posted

in my experience, if there was something abnormal you would usually hear straight away when I have had smears in the past they normally take a couple of weeks but when I had abnormal cells it was back within the week 
    • Posted

thank you sue , I will keep that in my mind , but still hope it will be sorted before I fly tomorrow morning 😖

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.