Went to gp about nausea / anxiety etc .. Blood in urine

Posted , 5 users are following.

ok guys I went to the walk in centre today bout my awful nausea iv felt recently and the pain in my tummy and I bsically nearly passed out waiting cod they took so long and I worked myself up. So the doc took one look at me and said 'I know your symptoms are anxiety, you're not dying' I told him about my pains, how I feel faint, how I honestly believe im dying because I feel physically sick,,, he said that your brain and adrenalin is such a powerful thing it can honestly give you bad symptoms. He checked my blood pressure which was slightly high.. Guessing due to anxiety and doesn't worry me coz I had it done two separate times recently and it was fine..and he then checked my tummy he pushed all over and Said it was normal! He then asked me to tak a urine test which I did... Came back he said you cud tell I haven't been eating and there was trace of blood in my urine... Ok so any health anxiety sufferers out there will understand I am now lookin up everything to see what this could be! Doc wasn't phased at all he was like don't worry your fine you ain't dying! If seen 4 docs now. 

Anyone ever had this? 

0 likes, 19 replies

Report / Delete

19 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi rhianna if there's blood in your urine this normally means you have a urine infection did the Dr say if there was anything else in it tummy pain sickness dizziness can all be signs of uti we all know how anxiety makes us feel sometimes I think Dr are so rubbish they sometimes take pleasure in making us sufferers feel like crap maybe if they had this illness for Adam they would understand how we feel and then be more compassionate I hope you feel better soon xxxxx
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

A day not Adam bloody auto correct !!!! ☺️
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Sounds like a mild urine/kidney infection to me. Pain in stomach, blood in urine?

Have you got any pain in your lower back?

Your doctor doesn't sound like the most helpful one in the world.

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

It certainly can cause nausea Rhianna, sickness and in some cases a high temperature. I have known very severe cases to cause delirium. 

A tale-tale sign of a urine infection is blood in your urine.

It costs nothing to try this, but for a few days try drinking at least a couple of litres of cold water each day and see if it makes you feel any better.

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

If there is blood in your urine you need to find out exactly what the problem is and insist your GP carries out tests for UTI etc it is best not to ignore these symptoms. Not knowing can cause unbearable anxiety and googling makes it 100 times worse believe me I have been there!!
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Urine infections can cause lots of symptoms nausea confusion dizziness unsteadiness pain plus lots more how bad is the pain is it the in the top left side maybe gallstones I'm only suggesting this as that's where my pain is and I have gallstones ask Dr to test your liver function simple blood test to rule it out xxxx
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

im convinced I have kidney cancer now and I'm riddled!!!!! sad 
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Rhianna, I think that you are allowing your imagination to run riot.

At this stage there is absolutely no evidence of you having Kidney Cancer. A mild urine infection yes, but that's all, so try to stop worrying and for the next two days drink plenty of cold water to try and clear out the infection.

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up