Went to gp about nausea / anxiety etc .. Blood in urine

Posted , 5 users are following.

ok guys I went to the walk in centre today bout my awful nausea iv felt recently and the pain in my tummy and I bsically nearly passed out waiting cod they took so long and I worked myself up. So the doc took one look at me and said 'I know your symptoms are anxiety, you're not dying' I told him about my pains, how I feel faint, how I honestly believe im dying because I feel physically sick,,, he said that your brain and adrenalin is such a powerful thing it can honestly give you bad symptoms. He checked my blood pressure which was slightly high.. Guessing due to anxiety and doesn't worry me coz I had it done two separate times recently and it was fine..and he then checked my tummy he pushed all over and Said it was normal! He then asked me to tak a urine test which I did... Came back he said you cud tell I haven't been eating and there was trace of blood in my urine... Ok so any health anxiety sufferers out there will understand I am now lookin up everything to see what this could be! Doc wasn't phased at all he was like don't worry your fine you ain't dying! If seen 4 docs now. 

Anyone ever had this? 

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Even if you did have cancer which I am sure you dont, it can be treated. Its your anxiety that is making you ill. You need to believe there is help out there for you so go and see your GP or another doc who should give you the help and support you need. Believe me it is not easy to stop worrying about your health but once you have identified the cause of your symptoms it will be the road to recovery. Take care of yourself.
    • Posted

Rhianna, you are definitely not being rediculous.

I think that it could benefit you to retun to your GP and express your concerns, but in the meanwhile over the weekend drink plenty of water just in case it is a mild infection in your urinary tract.

If you feel that your doctor is being unsupportive, then maybe you should consider signing-on to a different practice.

I wish you well.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.