what am I doing wrong!

Posted , 8 users are following.

Reading all of the fabulous weigh loss posts on here is great and dead chuffed for thoses who are losing fabulous amounts but makes me wonder what I am doing wrong!

I have lost 2.5lb in total in the last 4 weeks, and that is with SW programme and the pills, I must be doing something wrong!

I have had sone blood tests on Monday for amongst other things, thyroid problems.

Any guidance would be greatly received folks : ((

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Everyone's body is different so don't worry,  don't think oof weightloss as a race, it'll just get you down and demotivated sad

Remember the slower it comes off, the longer it'll stay off, and it also depends on how big you are, individual issues etc.

How many calories are you on a day?

And 2.5lbs less is still weight lost! You're on your way smile

• Posted

HI Senoki, Thank you for your comments, I know what you are saying makes sense and i tell myself that regularly BUT...........

I have 3 stone to loose, so a aconsiderable amount of weight, but not insurmountable.

I have started this week with 1200 cals and see how that goes, previous to that I wasnt calorie counting.

Fingers crossed : ))

• Posted

That might be why then, I've been on 1200 and have lost a stone, calorie counting for me is good because it builds a habit. Otherwise you might eat things without realising! 

I've got 3 stone to lose too but it's definitely doable, myfitnesspal is great for logging all your food smile

• Posted

Stick with it, you are probably doing nothing wrong! x x x

When you have masses of weight to loose it comes off much quicker, I suspect that the vast majority of people with good weight losses on here are those that have the most to loose.

Senoki has made a very valid point in that its not a race! pick up a bag of sugar in your hand and feel the 2.5 lbs....put it in a bag and carry it around for a few hours and be proud of what you have achieved!

I am proud of you Andrea :-) Because you are *TRYING* to drop the lbs and that is better than NOT** trying!  Sometimes weight loss just stops for a week or two, then BAM! a couple of weeks later it starts coming off again. I am sure if you ask Britney she will tell you she went through something like this, but she stuck with it and has lost over 100lb!!!

Obviously it "could" be that you have a problem with an underactive thyroid, which I hope it is not the case x x x

///*.*\\\

• Posted

Thank you, for your kind comments.

I do like this forum for the support you get.

I have no intention of quitting so got to stick with it lol xx

Sometimes when you dont get results that you 'expect' it is a bit disconcerting!

Perhaps the key is in the expectations!!!

I will know if it is later this week, in the interim, I respond as tho there is nothing wrong and focus, focus focus XXXX

• Posted

Shake your booty and do the dance!! x x x

*****Go Andrea! ...Go Andrea!.....Go Andrea! *****

///*.*\\\

• Posted

Evaluate what exercise you did during that month and double it this month. Increase your water intake. The pills are only there to assist. That said, I would be pleased with what you have achieved so far. I have 20lb to lose and an incredibly slow metabolism. I exercise daily for at least an hour - cardio and nothing goes. Finally with these pills I have lost 2lb in the first week - just weighed myself now. Let's do this together x
  • Posted

Hi, my loss is slow too - it's only about 1lb per week with calorie control at 1200 and about 4-7 hrs cardio per week.

I know I have really slow metabolism too.

Having read everyone's messages here I keep being reminded that even 1 lb is still a loss. It can be discouraging some days but we just keep going. I like the idea of carrying around a bag of sugar - a really good way to remind us of every small achievement.

• Posted

Hi hun 

I do SW as well, have you shown the consultant a food dairy as they may be able to tweak it for you, so you are getting the results you want.  

It can be very disheartening and frustrating, keep withit eating those superspeed foods as well as the superfree on the sw plan.  but i would approach the consultant to see if any suggestions there.

Keep going lovely you will and can do this Hen hugs xx

• Posted

dont'get disheartened Andrea - hopefully it will click into place and you'll be loosing left right and centre.  Do you do mainly red or green days?  May be worth swopping about and varying what you're eating.  Try lots of super speed foods - strawberries & melon 

keep with it - we can do it together xx

• Posted

I was the same, slow to start, and 3 stone isn't a huge amount, take it slow,steady and sensibly and it'll fall off in no time, I've just 2 lb more to go to lose my 1st stone in 4 weeks .. I have another 5 to go sad  so please, treat this as something you enjoy, I wasn't enjoying at first and it felt like effort, but now I'm slightly more educated about what I was eating I'm getting more pleasure out of what I'm eating now, I'd RATHER have a nice apple that a large bar or dairy milk- that is something I didn't ever think I'd hear myself saying haha but it's true honestly xxxx ( I watch ' obese and year to save my life'  and my god does it motivate me, those people are amazing )

Shelagh xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.