What Can I Do?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Ever since I was eight years old, I have been talking to myself,, that is,, I play all parts of a conversation. There have been times that I have stopped and I would feel better, but, then something would happen and I would start again

I know that I would feel better if I can stop for good, but, I don't know how. I an on 10 mg of Citalopram for bouts of depression

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Whenever you get the urge to talk to yourself, why not try talking too a friend or someone who is close to you? Sometimes i talk to myself but its does'nt have too be something weird like thinking out loud. 
    • Posted

No not answering but more thinking out loud. But whenever you talk do you hear you own voice? or different voices?
    • Posted

what kinda of conversation do have? negative or positief. I'm sorry for asking so much questions
    • Posted

That's okay. Actually it's both. And it is also when I am trying to make a decision about something

• Posted

Hearing voices can be an overwhelming experience, making it very hard for you to  manage your life. Talk to other voice hearers.  this gives you the opportunity to share experiences, this helps you to learn to recognise their games and tricks, as well as their good aspects.  You are a strong and brave person, it will take a lott of practice and self restraint to get throught this difficult period
    • Posted

but i have a lot of trust in you x
    • Posted

Thank you, Nasra, but, one question where do I find other voice hearers?

• Posted

hi susan has your doctor not recommend you see a counseller as it may help in your case ! citalopram does work for lots of people but your on a low dose so if you need to he may adjust the dose ! i wish you well david
    • Posted

I am going to call my doctor for an appointment to speak to him about my medication. I have to update some things @ the office anyway.
    • Posted

hi susan hope you get on well at your doctor and get the help you need and deserve ! take care david
  • Posted

I have a doctor appointment for Thursday @ 6:00pm.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.